I need some good tilapia recipes

Options

Replies

• IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    In the seasoning section there is a seasoning specifically for fish called Old Bay. Several other companies make versions of it, and they are all usually together. I put my talapia in a dish, squeeze some lemon or lime on it, sprinkle some Old Bay, and then I usually sprinkle a dash of cayenne as well. That's my favorite way to cook it.

Oh, and I bake it at 375 for about 25 minutes, covered.
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Tilapia marinates really well. Make a marinade with grated ginger, garlic, fresh lime juice, brown sugar, soy sauce and a *drop* of sesame oil. Leave in marinade for about a half hour and broil. It's delicious!
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    double post
  • jbaker436
    jbaker436 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I broil tilapia for several minutes according to the bag (buy mine frozen in bulk) with McCormick seasoning with mango & lime. Just love that seasoning. Here's the link: http://www.weberseasonings.com/product-detail?id=7&sel=shake Usually steam some veggies and have brown rice or couscous. Thanks for the topic. Will pick up some good ideas for other ways to eat it. :drinker:
  • BlueJean4114
    BlueJean4114 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I LOVE TO GRILL FISH ON TOP OF FRUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSueDJVIETeaSdbC76IXfRbJF7BAotxSttX1-9s7CK7MvqRBBoWAQ
    This is great way to cook fish,
    cuz, if i cook it indoors,
    whole kitchen smells funny for a day,:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:
    and if i grill it outdoors
    FISH STICKS TO GRILLS very very much.:grumble:

Those "grill baskets" meant for cooking fish, are sooooooooo hard to clean,
    and often the fish still sticks to grill-basket anyway.:cry: And using pre-soaked pieces of wood is a pain to keep replacing and pre-soaking for an hour or more
    every time i grill fish........:huh: I grill all year long, and shovel path through the snow to the grill in the winter time.:drinker:

HERE IS MOST AWESOME RECIPE FOR COOKING FISH ON TOP OF FRUIT:

(note you throw away the fruit you used under the fish,
    and serve with another piece of grilled fruit instead)
    :heart: http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/citrus-grillers-64871.aspx:heart:
    ................................7ZxX2.gif

ABSOLUTELY DELISH!!! emo60.gif I've been making that recipe for years, and everyone LOVES it, just crazy gagga nutz about it, even ppl who thought they didn't like fish.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    ^^^ Love the graphics!

Fish and fruit....I've only ever tried lemon/lime, but normally, I bread/fry them, unless it's trout, which gets pan seared, then it's already done! :tongue:
  • cheyenuff
    cheyenuff Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I bake mine at 400 for 20 min. I season it with light butter, garlic pepper and onion powder. It is really good.
  • PuggleMama33
    PuggleMama33 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ladybug4233
    ladybug4233 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to try all of these recipes. Thanks so much for sharing.

Candie
  • BlueJean4114
    Options
    whoops, can't delete this post, i posted on wrong thread! rofl.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    All we do at home is add some crushed red pepper and lemon pepper....no added calories but that extra spice makes it DELICIOUS!!

Oh and we bake it. Only takes like 10 minutes in the oven. I don't know what temperature the BF puts the oven on...if you need to know that too, message me and I'll find out. I'm lucky, I don't have to cook....BF does aaaaaall the cooking :bigsmile:
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    My favorite way to have it is sprinkled with Chef Paul Prudhomme's Magic Seafood Seasoning and just pan fried with some non-stick spray (or butter is better if you can afford the fat/calories).
  • samlankford
    Options
    i just season with garlic powder, onion powder and cayenne pepper... sometimes i top with a little salsa... pair with some steamed veggies... i eat this at least 3 times a week
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Here is my recipe for tilapia: Go back to the store and buy a fish that doesn't taste like a damp basement.
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • RachB4528
    Options
    Talapia lightly coated in lemon pepper panko and broiled is my favorite and easiest talapia recipe.
  • djc315
    djc315 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Oven at 350 degrees.

Get parchment paper.

Lemons (sliced thinly)
    White or yellow onion (sliced thinly)
    Green beans
    Your favorite white wine
    Grape tomatoes, sliced in half.

Cut the parchment paper into a big heart.
    Fold the heart in half, place the piece of fish in the parchment paper then fold up the sides.
    Unfold the parchment paper (you fold it so the liquid doesn't spill everywhere)

Remove the fish from the parchment paper.
    Place green beans, onions in parchment paper. Place fish on top. Top with lemon slices and grape tomatoes. Add 1-2 tablespoons of wine (or more, up to you)
    Salt and pepper to your tastes.

Fold back up.

Bake.

I always cook them in individual portions. They take anywhere from 20-30 minutes depending on the thickness.
  • BlueJean4114
    Options
    ^^^ Love the graphics!

Fish and fruit....I've only ever tried lemon/lime, but normally, I bread/fry them, unless it's trout, which gets pan seared, then it's already done! :tongue:

Someday when you are ready, do consider branching out away from the breaded fried fish,
    and try some grilled fish. As healthy as you eat now, as part of your journey to a healthier you, i bet you don't eat a lot of breaded fried chicken, or fired breaded pork, by now. It's kind of the same with fish, once you get used to grilled or broiled fish, it's hard to go back to the fried breading.
    but then again, i love love love all seafood, all of it. I grew up on the breaded fried fish, but, learned to love fish decades ago. Now i can't stand the breaded fried kind unless it's been given to me or some odd reason i'd be eating breaded fried fish...it tastes so so greasy to me. yuck!

I think most white fish tastes all about the same, (others disagree, but really, *i* can hardly tell one whitefish from another, they are all so much the same to me, love 'em ALL)
    but, maybe if you are unaccustomed to unbreaded fish,
    maybe salmon, shark, or one of those types of fish might be good place to start experimenting with unbreaded fish. maybe.

My alltime favorite fish, is swordfish, maybe give that one a try,
    without breading or frying it.
  • banner6
    banner6 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    bump.. i need some as well!