Weighing in question...

Options
So this weekend is my engagement party, obviously I want to eat some of the food that's going to be there and have a few cheeky drinks with my friends and family.
Afterwards we're staying over at my parents who's scales I've been going off since well years so I rely on what they say more than any other.
My question is, should I weigh in the next morning or not? Will it give me an accurate read?
I just know that if it doesn't even say I've lost at least 1lb I'm going to be so unmotivated and feast on crappy food or a few days :(

Replies

• bob99
    bob99 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Don't weigh in. After I've had a days cheat the scale goes mad but settles back to where it should be within a couple of days. Don't add pressure on!
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't way in the day after a cheat day. You're likely to have eaten more carbs and sodium, so you'll be holding on to some extra water weight for a day or two.

Have fun at your party!
  • Amanda21202
    Amanda21202 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Thank you both, I was thinking I shouldn't, I just never get a chance to weigh in, might just have to make an early visit one day next week :)
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Definitely don't weigh in the next morning! Enjoy your party as you should and wait another week to weigh in. :drinker:
  • Amanda21202
    Amanda21202 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I just hope I've lost something 'cause if I wait another week I'll be crushed if in 2 weeks not a single pound has gone :(
  • capinoy
    capinoy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    First of all agreed. Dont weigh in the next day. You will be disappointed because you are having a cheat day. Unless you plan on being on your feet moving around to a pace that would equal out to a workout then I would say do it. But yep you will probably be loaded up with carbs and sodium and lots of liquid. After your cheat go back on your normal routine of watching what you eat and exercise and by the following week things should be better. If not come back here and let us know. Enjoy

Charlie