The "what are you doing" question

Options
2»

Replies

• davidmcgowan1987
    Options
    just look them in the eye and say "you calling me a liar?" then stare and wait for the response...
  • pamperedpenguin
    pamperedpenguin Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I tell them, "I found this magic thing that's totally helped me!"
    "What they ask" with wonder and anticipation.
    "Eat less, move more" I say.
    And when they look at me upset cuz I didn't give them the "magic solution" I tell them that I'm also watching my carbs/fats/protein/fiber/sodium.
    That's when they get really upset and say, "but that's so much work!"
    I tell them it's worth it.
    (And if it seems that they really want to know more I tell them my "real" magic solution-MFP! & the support it gives!)
  • Sahara0815
    Options
    I tell them, "I found this magic thing that's totally helped me!"
    "What they ask" with wonder and anticipation.
    "Eat less, move more" I say.
    And when they look at me upset cuz I didn't give them the "magic solution" I tell them that I'm also watching my carbs/fats/protein/fiber/sodium.
    That's when they get really upset and say, "but that's so much work!"
    I tell them it's worth it.
    (And if it seems that they really want to know more I tell them my "real" magic solution-MFP! & the support it gives!)

So many people say this is too much work. The only "too much" in my life is "too much weight" and "too much fat" and "too much time wasted." If I have to put in some work to get what I want ... it's not too much ... it's worth it. :) Love your attitude and your answers. Congratulations!
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    It's amazing how many people are in denial about their food intake and the impact it has on their bodies. Some people can't believe I eat salad for lunch because I actually enjoy it - they assume I'm on a diet. Um, no I eat like this for lunch and dinner because I enjoy it and it's good for my body. Taking your health seriously is never too much work.