Embarrassing question... for women only

Options
2»

Replies

• fabfindz05
    fabfindz05 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    My initial weight loss was 30lbs and I saw NO change. I am a 36H and I've found 2 sports bras that I like. I now only have to use 1 bra while I ride or run.

What kind of bra do you like? Where do you get them? I think I'm a 40H and would love to get a bra and a sports bra that work. I've been currently wearing a 40DD, but recently did a bra fitter calculator and it says I'm a 40H. I just want to be supported and not feel like I'm sagging so much. I am hoping with my 50 lbs I need to lose, that by the end I will be smaller in the chest so I feel more comfortable to start running, but if I can find the right bra, maybe I can start running sooner. Thanks!

I have a Shock Absorber that I just got. My "go-to" bra is the Wacoal Sports Bra #855170. You can wear it like regular bra or you can criss-cross of extra support. It's a challenge to get into when you criss cross the straps.
  • draculaspointer
    draculaspointer Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have the opposite problem... :'( I went from a C to a very small B when I started running. Now I need padding for my wedding dress lol. And I only lost 6 pounds...must have all been from there.
  • Cameo530
    Cameo530 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that cup size is based on the difference between your actual bust measurement and your band size, so since your band size is smaller, even though you're still a D/DD your cup size really has decreased. If you still have any of your 40DD bras around, try taking one of your new 34DD bras and fitting the cup into the one on your old 40DD and you'll see what I mean. The cup on the 34 will be smaller, even though they're both DD. If you've gotten rid of the old bras, try going to a store and comparing a couple of new ones.

There are supportive sports bras out there for larger-busted women, but you might only be able to find them on-line. Look for a place with a good return policy and that offers user reviews and look for "encapsulated" bras rather than "compression" bras. The encapsulated bras give much better support and also keep you from getting the dreaded uni-boob.:smile:

As a couple others have said, I'd wait until you're at a weight you're comfortable with before considering any surgical changes because you don't know yet what your further weight-loss will bring.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I have lost weight since after having my son in 2009. I've been on and off the program, but as a general rule, haven't ever gained back large amounts of weight, my eating has improved drastically and I rarely eat highly processed food. I've lost around 56 lbs total now. My breast size has stayed the same, regardless of the 56 lb weight loss. I'm now less than 30 lbs away from my goal weight and I'm just not seeing a difference in cup size. I'm a D/DD and while I've gone from a 40 down to most of the time to a 36/34, I still have the problem of these. I hit puberty at 10 and was always busty, so I'm guessing this might just be mammary tissue and not fat, or could I still possibly lose a cup size or two over the next 25 lbs?

I'm a runner and shopping for decent jogging bras is the worst thing in the world. I'm just so annoyed. I am finally into the single digits in pants and into medium shirts most of the time, but I look so freaking top heavy. I've lost a ton of weight in my midsection and don't really have a tummy. I do carry some fat in my upper arms and back and that seems to be the area I carry the most weight now. My husband isn't complaining, but there comes a point when you start looking so disproportional it looks weird. I'm just afraid I'm going to get down to 135 or 140 and not have gotten anywhere with reducing the top half. Please, if you've been in my situation and have seen changes the closer you get to goal, or if you would recommend looking into a breast reduction, let me know.

well breasts are what usual go 1st in most women at least the ones in my family
  • chelsifina
    chelsifina Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I am not in your situation, but I know 3 different women who have elected to get the breast reduction surgery, and each one of them talk about it as though it was the day their lives truly began. The describe incredible relief, physically, and enjoy buying clothes now. I have never heard of anyone regretting it. Maybe lose all of your weight and then see? Good luck!
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Started off as a 20DD..... now down to a 14D. I hate it cause I have a HUGE amount of bras that I cant wear anymore. All I live in is sports bras now :( I have not been this small since I was 14yo. I hate it.
  • hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    well my cup size hasn't gotten smaller. I like the champions with the under wire. They are comfortable and stay in place as I play tennis. I wear 36DDD, in fact my chest is 34.5 inches so I might have to go down again. The cup size still hasn't went down? Get good sports bra, they won't bother you as much.
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I have been the same cup size since I was 15. I've had two kids and been up and down forty or so pounds quite a few times. Through it all my cup size NEVER once changed. Some of us are just stuck with it I guess.
  • palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I lost mine at the very end like literally the last 4 oor 5 pounds. I went from zero boobs to negative boobs
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    My breast size doesn't change much when I gain/lose weight. My band size changes, but my actual boobs aren't where I gain/lose weight. Everyone's different. I am now a 34 D/DD. I just wear two bras, an older racerback underwire under a compression type sports bra. I ran 8 miles today, perfectly comfortable. No bounce, no really expensive bras, no discomfort- everything stays in its proper place. You can use some body glide under the underwire if it rubs funny. Give it a try!
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I'll answer because it sounds like you are close to my starting weight and bust size. I've also always been busty. I started at 174, wearing 36DD but only because I was in denial about having put on weight... the bras weren't at all fitting me! Currently I'm a 34DD. So I've lost weight proportionally between my bust and underbust. It actually kind of pisses me off because people give some variation of "what happened to your boobs!?!" They're manageable and much smaller, but not by any means small!
  • happilyeveractive
    happilyeveractive Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'll take boob donations if you are complaining! When I lost all my weight a few years back I went from a C to an A. A is soooo terrible! I'm at a B now, but am losing and know I'll sadly be wearing As again, like as if I was 12 :(
  • jwolfe0709
    jwolfe0709 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My boobs are always the first to go, and the first to gain. In 3 weeks I lost 1 1/2 inches from my bust. Currently I'm a 36DD and when I was about 40 lbs lighter I was a 36D. Hoping when I get to my goal weight (about 60lbs from now) I'll be a C. We shall see.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I have to weigh in here...(no pun intended) sometimes depending on the structure of our bodies and the lift we get when we start to lose, the opposite happens...

i was a 42D at my heaviest, measured in a lingerie store, i was a 38D this february...again measured professionally....

and this summer I had the pleasure of discovering with the loss in my rib cage I am now a 36DD.....

so sometimes depending on distribution and body design, you actually go UP.
  • atichnell
    Options
    I have the same issue with finding good, supportive sports bras (I'm big busted too). I recently bought one from Panache, I think that's how you spell the brand name. It has a feature to make it a racer back style, which I've always hated, but if I'm doing an intense workout, it really adds extra support.

Here's a link to the bra I'm talking about. Pricey, but worth every penny.

http://www.amazon.com/Panache-Womens-Underwired-Sports-Navy/dp/B0086WMEKI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1348201176&sr=8-2&keywords=Panache+sports+bra
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    so sometimes depending on distribution and body design, you actually go UP.

this is what's happening to me. breast volume hasnt changed but since my band ize has gone down my cup ize has gone up.

i started off at 224 at 36/38 G/H and I'm now 34I

for high impact bras i like enell and shock absorber. for low impact goddess, elomi or good
  • hello0okitty
    hello0okitty Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Speaking from experience, I am also a top heavy woman. I always have been regardless of how much I have weighed. I am also a runner and its not easy. There is a running bra designed for bigger breasted women that was featured on The Doctors. This is a link to that website. http://www.natori.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ISC_Category=NatoriBra_Sport&ISC_ParentCategory=Bras&ISC_SubCategory=BrasSport

I recently went and got a reduction and let me tell you…..BEST DECISION I EVER MADE!!!!!!!!! Seriously love having a smaller chest. I can buy bra’s that are on sale! I can run with moderate support. I can wear tops that would have been a “no-no” before!! If you need more info on the experience, private message me and I would love to share. I have 3 kids and made the decision after I had my last one. Best of luck!
    v

^this. i lost 20ish pounds and saw no difference- got a reduction! apparently, due to some standards the surgeons set when they approved me for surgery, though, my weight loss made just enough of a difference that they didnt know if insurance would cover it unless they made me a B cup, but they shot for a C cup anyway and insurance still approved it! best decision of my life as well and i was 18 when i got it. NOOOOOO regrets.
  • SunnyAndrsn
    SunnyAndrsn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    42DDD when I started, currently 38 band size, but my CUP size went up as a result. I have lost very little up top, currently they just look a little deflated :-( Thankfully, I still look okay in a good bra.

Personally, my favorites are the caccique bras from Lane Bryant. I love the thicker, formed cups so there's no "nipping" out.

For workouts, I love the enell bra. Expensive, but it offers a lot of back support and I can do high intensity workouts without pain with jumping or jogging.