My introduction "Hello"

deedeehawaii
deedeehawaii Posts: 279 Member
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hello, here is my introduction to the website. I've used the MFP ticker for the past year (on another site), but today I'm checking out the support that this site offers. I lost 25 pounds last year by dieting and using canned diet shakes, but have regained 12 pounds since the summer. Yikes! But, I am determined to take that off, as well as an additional 5 pounds that I did not get around to before. Thus my goal of 17 pounds. I know for a fact that my previous loss was much more manageable due to having online support from like-minded dieters. And the minute I dropped off the site, I started creeping up in weight. So, my goal is to lose the weight and this time keep up with online support for accountablilty. Having to fess up to online friends about gaining weight .... I'd not want to have to do that. :(
Anyway, I hope to find support here, and offer support here, and am ready to START ON MY WAY TO SUCCESS. (Actually, I stared on Jan. 1, by cooincidence to New Years).
I'm looking for others who want to start an encouragement thread, and/or I'm looking to join in one in progress.
GOOD LUCK TO US ALL. :) DeeDee

Replies

• Slim34
    Slim34 Posts: 46
    I'm also quite new to this site .. I mainly need to track what I put in my mouth and jus have "accountability" !! Wishing U luck on this journey ; )~~
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Hi Deedee, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also, under "recent forum topics", and "view all", then "general diet", and check out the first few threads. They'll really help you understand how MFP works. :smile:
    Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love:
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
    As far as exercise goes, it doesn't always have to be awful. For my exercise, I walk almost every day, (weather permitting!) I also dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made up of all my favorite old songs. (Like "Love Shack", Wild, Wild West", "Mony, Mony", "Footloose", and "Gloria")
    It's free, (unlike a gym!) fun, and I can even watch tv at the same time, so I never get bored! :happy:
    I also have Wii Fit, and jog to that, which is a lot of fun, and easy too! :smile:
    So, to make a LONG story short, make good food choices, eat in moderation, get some exercise, and you WILL lose the weight that you want to! :smile:
  • deedeehawaii
    Thanks for the hellos! I will just need a couple of days to get the site figured out, and I'm hopeful that will help me a lot. Any recommendations to what would be logical "steps" to take? For example, I've already become a member, set up my ticker, and posted an introduction. Now where should I head next to make the best use of the website? I know I cannot do everything all at once, and would like to do the most important (ie helpful) things first. THANKS!
  • Slim34
    I would reccomend going to home, settings, then diary settings and get it set up the way U want. That way U can start logging your foods and to me thats the first step to losing weight and being healthy ; )
  • deedeehawaii
    Ok, I'll work on that next. Guess what? I've already made a mistake in my profile that I cannot seem to change (my age, or rather my birthdate). The profile editing option lets me change some things, but not that .... at least I cannot see how. Hopefully my learning curve wil go better with the rest of the setup.
  • Slim34
    Hmm .. not sure bout that one. Like I said i am a newbie too but I luv counting my calories and actually seeing what I put in my mouth. The awesome thing is U can c how much iron, sat fat and yada yada U r eating .. I have actually stayed away from all TRANS FAT .. I have consumed 0 .. thats a SwEeT feeling !!

U can do it baby, U rock!!
  • deedeehawaii
    I got a tip on how to fix my incorrect age, so I've made progress on that mistake. And, I've been posting to the food log, and have started to get a few things into the memory like tea and lettuce and apples, so that should go faster for me daily. I am posting to another thread, too, humm... something like "golden tennis shoes" or .... something ... related to us folks who are deserved of the celebration of years. :)
    I'm sitting here posting and hungry. I do already have some hot tea. I should either get something healthy to eat, or drink more hot tea, or slap myself in the fanny to remind me of why I am needing to loose weight. ha.
This discussion has been closed.