Do i look the same? Help plz lol<3

Options
So ive lost weight, and i still feel like i look like a fat person... So dose anyone els feel that way? Or do i really look the same idk..

Replies

• Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Because change is gradual and you see yourself every day, it's a lot harder to notice change in yourself. I take pictures and measurments in addition to tracking weight and it makes it easier for me to tell. When I wake up every day I think I haven't made progress but then I see a picture from even two weeks ago and I can so tell.
  • equeen1801
    equeen1801 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    where is your picture? I don't see it
  • thelaurameister
    thelaurameister Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    So ive lost weight, and i still feel like i look like a fat person... So dose anyone els feel that way? Or do i really look the same idk..

You're not alone! I've lost 20 pounds, but I still have over 100 to lose so it makes me feel like there has been zero progress. Just because of your post, I am going to go home and take pictures tonight so I can have a side-by-side comparison, so thank you! But like Erienneb said, you see yourself EVERYDAY so it's really hard to see your results from day to day. Ever noticed how people you see on a regular basis rarely comment on your weight loss, but when you run into somebody you haven't seen for awhile, they're blown away? Same concept. Measure and take pictures in addition to weighing, THAT'S when you'll notice the results :happy:
  • ShannaHeidelberg
    Options
    I've only lost 13 lbs and I feel like I look the same but my underwear and pants fit differently now. I actually got to reach into the back of my underwear drawer this last weekend and pull out a pair of my old panties that had gotten too small and now they fit! Yay I've got a long way to go but this was a small victory for me. I also noticed my ankles look a little smaller too. :) Hang in there. You are worth it!
  • Tiffaniecarrillo
    Options
    Idk how to put pictures on lol:) and did take pics at the beginning and i havent now...i can tell ive lost weight my waist is much smaller and i have no rolls yaya!! Witch at first i was sloppy fat. But i guess i need to look at myself different :/
  • equeen1801
    equeen1801 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    IT is okay , I think we all go through this and I know I do . IF you are seeing a change in your body that is great! Just keep pushing :
    )
  • ReesesPuffs
    Options
    This is why you should take measurements and not just go by weight
  • nicolio8699
    nicolio8699 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    128 lbs down and still reaching for the size 24's lol. (i'm a 12-ish now) it's the whole "seeing yrself everyday" thing for sure! take lots of photos (nudie if ya need to!) (for yr eyes only, of course) that should put things in perspective! <3<3 n-
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    no pictures//////////////////////////////////////:
  • jjennasmithh
    Options
    Because change is gradual and you see yourself every day, it's a lot harder to notice change in yourself. I take pictures and measurments in addition to tracking weight and it makes it easier for me to tell. When I wake up every day I think I haven't made progress but then I see a picture from even two weeks ago and I can so tell.

I agree!
  • emtron500
    emtron500 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I felt this way until like, 50 lbs down. Mostly because I was never really admitting to myself how fat I was. Then I really looked at "before" pictures and was like OOOOH GOD!

And now again just recently I'm seeing CURRENT photos of myself and thinking "wait, really? that's me?" because I actually look smaller than I am in my head, which is weird. I do still feel like the same big ol' fatty. I hope I don't feel that way when I hit my goal, but for now...yeah. I still feel like if someone were trying to describe me, their first words would be "kind of, you know, chubby..."
  • emtron500
    emtron500 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    128 lbs down and still reaching for the size 24's lol. (i'm a 12-ish now) it's the whole "seeing yrself everyday" thing for sure! take lots of photos (nudie if ya need to!) (for yr eyes only, of course) that should put things in perspective! <3<3 n-

haha I do this too. I go to stores and grab the biggest size of everything (so at non-plus-size stores, generally 14-16), then when they're too big I'm all surprised, even though I've been size 10 for a while.
  • tonightokayalright
    Options
    I've lost nearly 40 pounds, and while I can see the difference SOMETIMES in SOME aspects, other times I feel just as fat as ever.
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    kinda hard to tell with no pictures. Kinda dumb thread without them. Just sayin...
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Judging from our profile pics, we could be twins :wink: