Opinion: Jilian Michaels Online Program

Options
Does anyone knows well the Jilian Michaels Online weight loss Program?
I was thinking about joining it and was wondering if someone has some feedback about it.
Thank you

Replies

• MrsSized
    Options
    I signed up for a trial. The meals are not custom (except for how your body "reacts" to food, but say you don't like a food group, your SOL) and require actual preparation... which I'm lazy and like things simple. I'm not busting out my best kitchen moves every meal.

And.... it's 50 bucks a month. Which is a giant rip off. I would sign up for the trial, see the info she has, and if you like it, great. But for the lack of customization it's not worth the money, in my opinion. MFP is mucho better!
  • tantalee
    tantalee Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    *bump*
  • jmp1031
    jmp1031 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    my sister in law did it for months and loved it, especially the workouts. she said she only paid $4 a week though.
  • laceylucas86
    Options
    I've read her menu/meal plan recommendations that came along with her work out that I got on dvd, I will say this LOVE her workouts, they are effective and you see results quickly, HATE her meal plans, I don't think they are even safe, 1200 cal days are what she recommends plus then you excersize and she sais don't eat your excerisze calories, this is not healthy for most women and would actually cause your body to go into starvation mode in my opinion also the meals she recommends are overpriced and pretty fancy ingredients that a begginer to eating healthy or someone on a bidget would not be able to manage. I can't speak for her online program but knowing these two things I doubt it would be helpful. I lost 12 lbs doing 30day shred work out and eating calories according to MFP in 5 weeks :)
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I've read her menu/meal plan recommendations that came along with her work out that I got on dvd, I will say this LOVE her workouts, they are effective and you see results quickly, HATE her meal plans, I don't think they are even safe, 1200 cal days are what she recommends plus then you excersize and she sais don't eat your excerisze calories, this is not healthy for most women and would actually cause your body to go into starvation mode in my opinion also the meals she recommends are overpriced and pretty fancy ingredients that a begginer to eating healthy or someone on a bidget would not be able to manage. I can't speak for her online program but knowing these two things I doubt it would be helpful. I lost 12 lbs doing 30day shred work out and eating calories according to MFP in 5 weeks :)

I could write out my own response, but this pretty much sums up my thoughts. Jillian's workouts are great (I'm doing Body Revolution), but her nutrition advice is positively awful.