New to My Fitness Pal, I could do with a friend

Options
Hello everyone,

As I have to lose at least another eight stone, I am going to be with My Fitness Pal for quite some time. I have been told that if I do not lose the weight, I will end up in a wheelchair. Over the years I have become a very accomplished comfort eater. Whenever I get stressed out come the treats but now I have to completely change my lifestyle. My husband and I have just celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary. He has retired but unfortunately, as I am a few years younger than my husband, the government keep extending my retirement age so I will be working for some time yet. :laugh:

Replies

• slickannie
    slickannie Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    First of all, what is an eight stone? I have only been here a short while but it's working. I set a goal of 60 lbs. I plan my meals ahead of time and that helps to keep me on track. I measure and weigh my foods, extreme yes, but it works for me. You would be surprised how much you miscalculate the amount of food you eat. My problem is like yours, comfort eating and candy, cake, whatever. I still eat some of those but work it into my calorie count. Most times I will eat a piece of fruit. We dont want the wheelchair so together if you want, we can keep each other motivated.
  • ctgirlscout
    ctgirlscout Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Sent you a friend request. I am also a "comfort eater". I have another 90 lbs or so to lose...so we can do it together if you want!
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal. :smile:
  • suzannastilwell
    Options
    hello friends i just join today and i hope to start my diet tommorrow i dont know how to start i not hungary to eat and dont know how to i dont know what is low carb or high carb what is good or not or even portion size why cant their be a portion food site for diet so you can know what size your portion should be i need help on execrise i have to start slow due to my lung is only work 50% on my left side so i get out of breath real fast anyone can help me i need friends to help thanks
  • OlsenG318
    Options
    First of all, what is an eight stone? I have only been here a short while but it's working. I set a goal of 60 lbs. I plan my meals ahead of time and that helps to keep me on track. I measure and weigh my foods, extreme yes, but it works for me. You would be surprised how much you miscalculate the amount of food you eat. My problem is like yours, comfort eating and candy, cake, whatever. I still eat some of those but work it into my calorie count. Most times I will eat a piece of fruit. We dont want the wheelchair so together if you want, we can keep each other motivated.

A stone is 14 lbs (I think it's a European term)