Late introduction - Before and After Pictures

Options
Deipneus
Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
I've been lurking around this place since last November but never posted an introduction. I lost 35-40 pounds and have been on maintenance a while. 35-40 is nothing dramatic I know but a big deal to me. I didn't think to take "before" pictures and since I was avoiding cameras, there aren't many. I did find one though. Pardon me but I figured I at least deserve a victory lap. :-)

beforeu.png

aftern.png

Replies

• orangecrush92
    orangecrush92 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! Good job on the weight loss! I can't wait to hit the 35-40 lbs mark!
  • Deipneus
    Options
    Thanks!
  • tbruegg
    tbruegg Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Yes you certainly do!!!!! I hope to loose 25 pounds. Did you do any particular diet or program to loose your weight?
  • Deipneus
    Options
    Yes you certainly do!!!!! I hope to loose 25 pounds. Did you do any particular diet or program to loose your weight?

Thanks. I just find that keeping track of what I eat is all it takes. I have no memory when it come to eating. I am not a yo-yo dieter, but I did do this once before and gained much of it back. This time, I'm still logging my food even though I'm on maintenance. I don't particularly like doing it but it's the only way.

After I lost ten-15 pounds, I started working in some exercise like running. When I hit 160, I started lifting weights and I've put back on - intentionally - 5 pounds. My all time high was 215 and I'm now 165.
  • tajmel
    tajmel Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's a pretty impressive change! Good job!
  • Deipneus
    Options
    Thanks!
  • farklf
    Options
    Gratz!
  • Deipneus
    Options
    Thank you.
  • Observer74
    Options
    An amazing job! Congrats!
  • gdaymadam
    Options
    That's really great, congratulations. The difference in your face is so obvious. Even if that amount can't be called dramatic, 30-40lbs can make a big difference to a person, and it clearly has for you.

Before and after photos are always inspiring to me, so I'm glad that you were willing to share this with us. Thank you.
  • bf43005
    bf43005 Posts: 287
    Options
    great job! You look so good!
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Well done, thats a noticable difference!!
  • SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Dude... TAKE THAT VICTORY LAP! You so deserve it, well done!
  • jcjammin
    jcjammin Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    Congrats on a job WELL done!
  • agriffiths73
    agriffiths73 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    You deserve more than a victory lap, that is a great success, and one you should be (and hopefully are) very proud of.
  • Deipneus
    Options
    I appreciate all the kind words.
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Two victory laps for you! Terrific effort and congrats on the success!!!
  • saraifoss
    Options
    Well Done!!!!
  • firebrickjuliann
    Options
    You deserve a VICTORY lap! Good JOB! You look GREAT!