fell walking (uk)

Options
13»

Replies

• Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I know this may sound strange but also look at up walks that are child friendly. We live in Yorkshire and many of walks we go on are all terrain puschchair friendly. they can still be quite challenging - the children ones are usually only a few miles - upto five miles long and they can still have plenty of climbing but are gentler than a rough trek.

Also just keep walking even if its flat as it will build up stamina and gets you going.

My husband also swears by the website - www.walkingenglishnman.com
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
  • rachy_09
    rachy_09 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi all thank you for all of your comments posts and help in the subject and I'm proud to say I've done hellevelyn via striding edge ahhhhh was the most scary thing ever but I did it!!! I'll try n put a pic on but my cam was being a nightmare so they may be terrible! :)
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Hi all thank you for all of your comments posts and help in the subject and I'm proud to say I've done hellevelyn via striding edge ahhhhh was the most scary thing ever but I did it!!! I'll try n put a pic on but my cam was being a nightmare so they may be terrible! :)

YAYYYY! Go Rachy! :happy: :happy: :happy:

I remember it from about 35 years ago! In winter. Yes it's scary in parts, but you managed it! :happy:
    Well done you - now, what's your next challenge? Snowdon horseshoe? More Lake District peaks?
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your walking. I thought that you fell down walking when I read the title. Glad you didn't! :)
  • rachy_09
    Options
    I think my next big challenge will be blencathra! Fingers crossed!
  • xSakura
    xSakura Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Couch 2 5k gets a lot of praise. Might get you started, though it's more running than hiking or walking.

I agree, I know a few people that have completed this and have become much more healthy and active, I'm starting it tomorrow :smile:
  • beattie1
    Options
    I think my next big challenge will be blencathra! Fingers crossed!

Superb! You'll be really fit soon at this rate :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • treetop57
    Options
    Woohoo!
  • marieteresa41
    Options
    Just seen your update Rach. Brilliant job & a big pat on the back to you :drinker: :happy:

Did you enjoy it?? You'll be a fell walker yet :smokin:

Look forward to seeing the pics.

Marie
  • rachy_09
    Options
    My pics are terrible can't really see anything haha but I'm off to do skiddaw in a weeks time woo hoo still feel not fit enough yet but ill keep it going x
  • beattie1
    Options
    Have a great time doing Skiddaw! I have't been to the Lake District in decades, but it's one of my fave places :bigsmile:
  • treetop57
    Options
    skiddaw1_zpsdb92fd6a.jpg