Liquid diet Help

sweetestthing
sweetestthing Posts: 102
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi has anyone done liquid diets? Protein shakes? Everywhere I read tells me you will lose 1-2 lbs a week. I've done it for 2 days and lost alot more so fat. 6 lbs. Just wanted a realistic idea from anyone who has done it? How much can I expect to lose in 30-40 days?

Replies

• Your going to lose more up front because of your body adjusting to it, but then after a week or 2, your body will go back into normal mode and you will then have the average weight loss.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Is there a reason you'd prefer to do the liquid diet over eating better food choices? Is it because you think you will lose it faster with the liquid?

I know for me, a liquid diet would be very hard to maintain for a log time period and I would just set myself up for failure.
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Is there a reason you'd prefer to do the liquid diet over eating better food choices? Is it because you think you will lose it faster with the liquid?

I know for me, a liquid diet would be very hard to maintain for a log time period and I would just set myself up for failure.

I agree. I have done every "diet" out there, and better food choices is the ONLY thing, and I mean the ONLY thing that has worked for me. I can eat anything I want, just not as much as I used to eat. Portion control is the way to go IMHO.
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    I also wonder if you plan on doing a liquid diet for a long period of time? That seems very hard to do. You can lose weight by making healthy food choices and it is MUCH easier to maintain. I would worry that i would gain all the weight right back after ending a liquid diet. Make sure that you have a plan for the long run.
  • After going To a nutritionist, and going over all my habits and expectations, we came up with this as our plan for a month. I do the shakes along with some food at night to total my full calories. I'm also hoping for some fast results to keep me motivated. I've been dieting for the past year and never sticking to it. I'm hoping for more motivation. Have you done a liquid diet? Any ideas?
  • pea26
    pea26 Posts: 23
    Hi there,
    I once did the cambridge diet, for about two and a half months. Consisted of 3 shakes a day, was around £45 a week. Overall It has its pros and cons.
    The pro of course was loosing weight, I lost around 2.5stone in that time, which is all fine and dandy but when i lapsed off the diet when i reached my target weight i went back to my usual routine of eating, if not doubly so because it was just heaven being able to eat again! Its easy saying 'when i reach my target il keep the weight off' (thats what i had said to myself!) but the diet is just a quick fix and doesnt sort out your lifestyle and when your slim you think 'oh a piece of cake wont matter' and before you know it the pounds creep back on.
    Also its so unhealthy, looking back on it now, i cant believe i did that to myself, and the danger i had put myself in to loose weight! (the strain on your heart and body etc) Its such an unsociable diet, quite embarresing really, drinking alcohol is very limited, and you dont eat! so cant enjoy a lunch with friends and so on.

i have since joined weight watchers and have seen that i can loose the same amount of weight as i did on the shake diet, in the same amount of time! except the big difference is i can eat, enjoy nice food and nights out and more importantly its not as painstakingly hard as living on liquid.

Good luck in what you choose :) i vote food,
    xxx
  • Thank you! I really appreciate the feedback! :)
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    I know someone who did MEdifast. she lost a good amount quickly on that , I know she is eating real foods now and not doing the shakes anymore, she had about 150 pounds to lose, and I got her started so good for her. I dont agree with it, cause I am not sure what it is teaching you on how to eat, but I do think if this is what you need to get your jumpstart and get yout going, then go for it, just move over to real food as soon as you can I think..
    Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.