Perplexed???

I'm currently suggested to eat 1390 calories a day, but I try to work out as much as I can so I can burn off all the fat I have on me. I have already eaten (three times today), but now it says I need to eat 1489 because I had a big workout. I thought the point was to eat less calories so I could lose weight?? Do I have to eat the calories I burned (I really, REALLY don't want to). I'm still planning on walking again tonight after I eat dinner, and I'm planning on sticking to correct portions. After I walk it will cancel out even more calories. This won't send me into starvation mode will it??

Replies

• trixiemou
    trixiemou Posts: 554 Member
    I compramise by trying to eat back some of my exercise calories. That way I dont feel too guilty if I go over or under a little. To help I usually have niuts and seeds in to munch on when I need that quick fix.
  • SerendipityFive
    SerendipityFive Posts: 26 Member
    good idea.. I'll go munch one some almonds.
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    If you are burning a lot I would eat half of them back because lets say your 1390 and you work out and burn 600 calories, it's like you only ate 790 due to your calories burned and that is too low so if that were the case then you should at least eat 400 of those burned calories back.
  • SparkleHorse224
    SparkleHorse224 Posts: 98 Member
    How much weight have you lost already by not eating back any of your exercise calories? If you are losing at a steady pace - not too much or too little - then you might be ok.

I can't see your food diary so it's hard to comment on your diet, but I think you might be trying to lose too quickly. It's SO tempting to just eat the whole metaphorical elephant in one go (no pun intended), but you will get better results and feel better if you lose slowly. Too few calories WILL bump you into starvation mode and you might get discouraged if you see NO change on the scale.

One bite at a time. You will get there.
  • SerendipityFive
    SerendipityFive Posts: 26 Member
    I changed it to public, didn't realize it was private. Anyway, Maybe I am trying to lose to fast. I can try to eat up to my calorie goal for a while and see what results I get. Thanks!
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Test it out, maybe try just eating half of your calories back and see what happens. Then if you want you can try eating more than half, just test it out and see how it goes