Quick questions, please help =)

sineadmm
sineadmm Posts: 190
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi,Im 130 lb, 5''6.

By eating 1200 cals a day,would I still lose weight just lying down all day?
(Don't really want to go into why I don't exercise, but my health is why).

Replies

• HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    I lost the 12 pounds on my ticker by diet alone. It's slower and depending on how much weight you have to lose, when you get to your goal weight you won't look as good as someone 15bls heavier who is fit - but it will work!
  • Go to Tools and then pick Basal Metabolic Calculator - it tells you how many calories you burn just to stay alive. Hope that helps!
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,206 Member
    Hi,Im 130 lb, 5''6.

130 at 5'6" seems pretty healthy. Did a doctor suggest you loose weight?
  • beckyi88
    beckyi88 Posts: 604
    Hi,Im 130 lb, 5''6.

I agree. 130 is my goal at 5'6".
    Even using the very outdated guidelines for height/weight of 100 pounds for the 1st 5 feet and then 5 pounds per inch...you're a perfect weight. Using new BMI guidelines you're on the low side of normal so unless it's medically recommended, there is no reason for you to lose weight imho.
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Hi,Im 130 lb, 5''6.

I agree. 130 is my goal at 5'6".
    Even using the very outdated guidelines for height/weight of 100 pounds for the 1st 5 feet and then 5 pounds per inch...you're a perfect weight. Using new BMI guidelines you're on the low side of normal so unless it's medically recommended, there is no reason for you to lose weight imho.

Becky, I have never heard of that outdated rule, but I figured it out and according to the rule, I should be 135- ironically, that's my goal weight! :smile: Works for me!
This discussion has been closed.