Eliminating stress

Options
What have you guys done to relieve stress in your lives to make this new healthy endevour work?

Personally, besides changing my eating habits, I'm learning my limits. I'm also learning that it's OKAY to admit my shortcomings. People tend to be okay with that. I'm gaining more confidence. Someone told me the other day, "Wow! What 10 pounds has done to your personality!" LOL!

I also have cut out my 2nd job which has been a huge source of stress for me.

What do you all do?

Replies

• jaxkipi
    jaxkipi Posts: 233
    Options
    What have you guys done to relieve stress in your lives to make this new healthy endevour work?

Personally, besides changing my eating habits, I'm learning my limits. I'm also learning that it's OKAY to admit my shortcomings. People tend to be okay with that. I'm gaining more confidence. Someone told me the other day, "Wow! What 10 pounds has done to your personality!" LOL!

I also have cut out my 2nd job which has been a huge source of stress for me.

What do you all do?
  • goochinator
    goochinator Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Great topic!!

I read a couple of books- Dont Sweat The Small Stuff ( original and For Your Family), The Secret and another I cant remember the name of....overall the message I got from all these is this-

LOOK AT THE POSITIVE. Ignore the negative. I was doing SO much of that- concentrating on the negative in my life and forgetting about the positive.
    I've learned to simply turn the other way- and you know what? I feel 1000X better in a very short amt of time. Its amazing. When someone is acting up at work and being a poor employee, I ignore it. ITs not my job. I simply act like it doesnt exist. Of course some things I cant do that with, but overall, I am feeling so much free-er and happier and lighter.
    Its not my problem" became a mantra...of course when it really wasnt my problem. By doing this, I no longer get upset/annoyed/irritated when something is going on- so less 'stress eating'!
    Start focusing on the positive!!
  • Cherylann402
    Options
    I have found doing yoga almost daily has lowered my stress level. I don't get into all the meditation parts of yoga, but doing the deep stretching and the relaxation techniques has really helped!
  • aliciask
    aliciask Posts: 24
    Options
    I am generally a stressed out person, very anxious, etc... I read "The Power of Now" a while back, and its a really great book about the power of controlling your mind to the present and not worrying about stuff you can't control or stress, etc, in order to be a better person from the inside.

And a sidebar to that, if you go to Oprah.com, she is doing a free 10 week session online to those who enroll about that very topic, including the author of the book mentioned above: Eckhart Tolle. I can't tell you how great he is. His book was really eye opening to me. Plus, if Oprah says its cool, then you know it is! :tongue: