T.H.E Team wk 48 A New Year

Replies

• manda1111
    manda1111 Posts: 113
    Hey,
    I'm Amanda and I started I think this time last year. I don't post often but do read your wonderful stories. I am 30 this week!!! and looking to maybe starting a family with my husband in the next year or so. So I want to be in the best physical shape possible before hand. I live in Ft Worth TX and I teach HS art. I love to read and write and I am currently working to get a book I finished published. I have lost 30lbs so far and have another 30lbs to go before I reach my goal weight. I'm totally doing it this year.
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    So very cool!

So for the valentines challenge I have so far...

Crazybee
    Nitag
    Pawprint
    Losingweightforme
    and myself.

If anyone else wants to join, please add yer name to the list.
    It doesnt have to be 11lbs. Just whatever number you want to shoot for for valentines day. For me 11lbs is reaching high also but Hey... wont know unless I really "try".. right? :0) even if I lose just 8lbs I'll be happy.. but for me the goal number is 11lbs, which means I'll have to work my booty extra hard over the next 6 weeks. LOL

Pawprint- As far as I know, Adopt4 said she would be back to MFP today. She is one of my real life friends so I see her often. If we dont see her check in today, everyone should send her a message with a padded slipper to the backside. :0)
  • LosingIt4good
    Oh and as for me.... I was gonna do a 6 mile walk today but mother nature decided to send a massive downpour our direction and diego doesnt even want to go outside to potty much less walk 6 miles in this crud. Cant say I blame him.. I got soaked just trying to get him to go in the grass. Im also pretty dang sore from my long walk yesterday and jillian kicking my butt.. so Im gonna do some yoga on the wii fit today and see if I can get some good stretching in before going back to jillian on the biggest loser for wii so she can kick my butt all over again.

Have a great day everyone!
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Struggling with water :sad:
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Hello everyone,

it's cold and snowy here today but I managed to get 2 good workouts in. I am good with calories and have all my water in.

I will join the Valentine's day challenge but haven't figured out how cut and paste using an iPhone...
  • Struggling all together today I have taken sick - bad head cold REAL BAD . babied yself today but going to try to push through it tomorrrow. Will catch up on post tomorrow.
    Good night all - sick but on my way to work
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Valentine's Day challenge:

Crazybee
    Nitag
    Pawprint
    Losingweightforme
    LI4G
    Pinbotchick
    lulubar

Okay, fine. How do I let you people talk me into stuff like this. You know, all this accountability crud?? I'll go for 8 pounds. Happy?:tongue:

Oh, and you know, I NEVER would have gotten this far without you. So, thanks.

Good on calories today, didn't move quiet enough and got half my water in. It was super duper busy at work - crazy after the holidays and all, so I made an easy bean soup for supper with lowfat cheese and some sliced avacado on top. Mmmmmm.

I got a Wii with Wii Fit for Christmas and I also got the Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum for Wii. I haven't done much with it yet - we just played games through the holidays, (boxing is a great workout though) but starting tomorrow - I am committing to 30 minutes a day 5 days a week. Just putting that out there.

Bunchahugs ~ lulu
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Its me I am back as well.. I will do my weigh in tomorrow since I go to the Dr. man am I scared to get on that darn scale... for those who don't know me I started MFP last year in March I had lost 50 pounds I am sure I have gained some back. I am Married we have 4 children and 1 grandchild. I have a lot of health issues and thats what brought me to MFP to help me lose some weight..

Thanks team for getting my a.. back on MFP and getting me moving.. although I haven't done anything today but catch up on sleep from the weekend and I have a Dr. apt tomorrow I am still logging my food and water intake..

Hear is to the New Year Team
  • swignal
    I am down with the valentine day challenge, Not sure how much I can lose but I sure will try the 11 pounds good luck to us all :-)
  • LosingIt4good
    Nitag- I hear ya girl... water and me are not getting along very good these days. I have to force it in and found that it helps if I chug a big glass before each meal. Its hard to get back the habits ya let slide!! ugh!

Lulu~ Congrats to your daughter on her engagement and college graduation! I bet you are just so proud! :0)

Sheila~ It is what it is girl. Whatever that scale says tomorrow...make it work for ya! No regrets.. only move forward from here.

Losingweight4me~ So sorry you are sick. Head colds suck! Try not to overdo it....take the time to rest and feel better soon!
  • samb
    samb Posts: 464 Member
    Hi! I am new here but I think I have got the jist of things. I am currently on my way to my goal. About 2 years ago I reached ~125 pounds, and at 5' tall that is borderline being overweight, and I definitely felt it. All my life I was always fit and extremely active but that slowed down as school began to consume more of my time, and of course I gained the "freshman 15" when I went to college. I have since become a vegetarian and have learned a lot of things from nutrition to exercise, since I knew nothing only 2 years ago. I have read tons of books and hope to take a course on it to become a personal trainer and nutritionist part time, once I reach my goal that is! I currently weight about 110.5 lbs and my goal is 100 at the moment, and depending on if that is truly where I want to be I may go lower because it would still be within the healthy BMI range. However I do not want to drop below 14% body fat. I use P90X as my workout, and to those of you who may not know where to get a good workout for cheap, this is it! I know it costs a lot of money directly from them, but I bought it on ebay for $35 and downloaded the charts and it has worked very well. I was off and on using it before, and even if I didn't work out for a week, just doing 1/2 of one video made that section of my body completely firm-its truly amazing. I can't wait to starting working on this with you all! I like the valentines day challenge since that was a challenge I had already set for myself. I would like to get to my goal of 100 pounds by then if not sooner, but I am not going to push it too much and discourage myself as I often tend to do. Talk to you all later & good luck!
  • nitag
    Sheila......... Yay, we can do this... We can, we really can.... I am trying to come up with a realistic number for the Valentines Day challenge. I know 11 lbs will be hard... So I will go with 8.... Sounds like a good even number.. Seems like a lot of us got the Wii and Wii Fit for Christmas... LI4G, didn't you say there is a way to challenge each other?? I am hoping that my husband gets it (Wii) hard wired for the internet before he goes to TX, we shall see.. Time is running out...

Okay, I am off to Wii...

Anita
  • nitag
    Wii free step 45 mins -

It was kinda fun...
  • LosingIt4good
    There is a way to play some games online with the wii so you can challenge eachother. The wii works with our wireless internet now, I just havent figured out how to connect to others yet. I'll dig out the manual and see if I can figure it out. If not, I'll have the geek (hubby) look it over and see if he can explain it in plain english. LOL

A friend of mine has Super Mario Bothers and she has been bugging me to get it so we can play together online. For now Im sticking to the games/tools that work more twards my fitness goals. The other games will be rewards once I reach them.
    I had to bug hubby for a year before he let me get one. He was afraid the son would sit and play it all the time and I had to make it clear to both him and the kids that the wii is MINE. Right now the only 2 things i have for it are the Biggest Loser game and the Wii fit plus, which is keeping me entertained and off the couch..... for now. There are ALOT of things just with the wii fit plus that I havent even done yet and Ive had it for a month already. I need to check out more of the cardio routines today to see if I like them or if I have to substitute other stuff .
  • swignal
    Well Team, It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be... Since September I have gained 15 pounds :-(... I went to the Dr. Today and he said that will everything that has been going on he can Handle me gaining 15 pounds... I told him about the Valentines Challenge and he said that is awesome... So my goal is at least 10 pounds by valentines day I think that is a good number for me.. I really thought I had gained more since I was drinking so many of those Carmel Frappies from McDonald's... I got my shot today at the Dr. in my arm's and I go for my MRI on Thurs night so come Monday my behind will be at the gym... Thanks guys for getting me back into gear... I need to set my goal for April.. what do you think is a good number for the first of April ??? I am hoping to be in Jamaica for easter...with hubby and the kids.. well that is my goal anyway...just need a good number to lose by then...

my son has the Wii but not the Wii fit... maybe i should look into that...my niece is really good at hula hooping :-) maybe she can teach me he he he...

Thanks Cyndi and Anita.. It is what it is and it wasn't as bad as I thought...but now its time to get back on track and move on...

Check back in later I have to go back an read some post... Lots to catch up on :-)

so here is my states I started last year March at 329 I lost 50 pounds by August and took a break starting in Sept and I have gained 15 pounds back so now I am curently at 290 my goal weight eventually is 150 so I have 140 pounds to lose..

SW 329/ GW 150/ CW 290 glad to be back

Sheila
  • nitag
    Well Team, It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be... Since September I have gained 15 pounds :-(... I went to the Dr. Today and he said that will everything that has been going on he can Handle me gaining 15 pounds... I told him about the Valentines Challenge and he said that is awesome... So my goal is at least 10 pounds by valentines day I think that is a good number for me.. I really thought I had gained more since I was drinking so many of those Carmel Frappies from McDonald's... I got my shot today at the Dr. in my arm's and I go for my MRI on Thurs night so come Monday my behind will be at the gym... Thanks guys for getting me back into gear... I need to set my goal for April.. what do you think is a good number for the first of April ??? I am hoping to be in Jamaica for easter...with hubby and the kids.. well that is my goal anyway...just need a good number to lose by then...

my son has the Wii but not the Wii fit... maybe i should look into that...my niece is really good at hula hooping :-) maybe she can teach me he he he...

Thanks Cyndi and Anita.. It is what it is and it wasn't as bad as I thought...but now its time to get back on track and move on...

Check back in later I have to go back an read some post... Lots to catch up on :-)

so here is my states I started last year March at 329 I lost 50 pounds by August and took a break starting in Sept and I have gained 15 pounds back so now I am curently at 290 my goal weight eventually is 150 so I have 140 pounds to lose..

SW 329/ GW 150/ CW 290 glad to be back

Sheila

I'm so proud of you Sheila.. You are my girl..... I think you did awesome.. We can do this... We will do it together.......

I want to go with you to Jamaica...
  • LosingIt4good
    Im proud of ya too sheila!! 15lbs is ok, really! It should come off pretty quick too since it hasnt been long since you put it back on.
    At least thats what Im thinkin about the 10 I gained. :0) Maybe Im being a little hopeful, but I wont know until I aim to get it off....

today I woke up and ate breakfast. Had 1 serving of Malt-0-meal with a packet of truvia in it along with an apple. Its hard for me to get into eating breakfast again. Ive been sleeping late, so that doesnt help at all! After I ate I started getting that vision aura that goes with the Migraine. I dont get them as often as I usually do, but when i do, they completely wipe me out. I had the little kids today too, so all the giggling and laughing didnt help much.... thank god for DVD's man...today we watched Alvin N the Chipmunks twice, Tinkerbell and Everyday Italian on Food network. Yes, even the little kids love my cooking shows... because afterwards, if we have the ingredients we make something for lunch or snack. Today we made a Spinach & Canelloni bean dip that even the kids thought was good! The 4 year old I watch at alot of it with some tortilla chips. :0)
  • swignal
    Cyndi Thanks for the for the confidence :-)

Anita.. You are so welcome to come with me :-) we are gonna have lots of fun :-)

boy do I feel like I am gonna float away with all my water i have drank today... someone send me a life preserver :-) so I don't drowned lol
  • Sheila - I am proud of you too. You can do this. I put on 15 also and like LI4G said it will come off. Just keep working girl. Send me a message here or on facebook if you want to talk or need encouragement.

Anita - it is so nice to see your posts again. We can do this. I am going to try to get a wii soon if money allows. Keep it up girl.

LI4G - Keep posting about the wii - it only challenges me to save my money.

Pinbotchick - You can have our cold and snow that is coming can't seem to get above 15 for the high and six inches more snow Thursday

Lulu - hi glad to see you

Running out of time. Still got my head cold but got a little exercise in and watching what I eat. Gotta go to work
  • LosingIt4good
    ok, so I have a question for all that have put on weight over their breaks. Did you notice that you gained it in a different place?
    mine seems to be centered right around my belly. My legs, butt, arms and everything look and feel the same but my waistline...that is gonna need some serious toning. :grumble: :ohwell: