Hellooooooo....my first day...hopefully not my last since I

Options
Estimating this is at least my 100th excursion into the diet world...some worked and some didn't, but NOTHING was permanent. I hope I can start slow and this time keep it off.

My beautiful daughter (mother of a 1 year old) had great success here and has convinced me to give it a try.

Why I Want To Get In Shape
I want to avoid those annoying and disgusted looks from my horse and his huffing and puffing noise as he staggers down the road with me on him. Good thing he can't talk.....hahahahaha

Replies

• leochick35
    Options
    Elfie, Well, my first day for REAL today. Can't believe I'm logging my food and I only have so many calories left and it's only 2pm. How many calories was I eating before tracking!! Holy Crap. Wishing you and myself luck for our wonderful step today.
  • anastasia
    Options
    Welcome-

Yes I am no stranger to diets I think I have done every one except Jenny Craig!! I am having some success on MyFitnessPal- if nothing else it keeps me accountable. I always record my meals- even if I over indulge so that i can learn from my mistakes. Last night I had a little too much alcohol but i documented it all and at least I put it in my food tracker. Also there is an exercize tracker.....you can "earn" more calories this way, it is a good way to get yourself moving every day.

good luck
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Wish you both the best of luck! i joined June 2009, i didnt think i could do it! i was living in a house with 2 men and 2 morbidly obese women....they ate whatever they wanted! and tried to sabatoge me at every end! but here i am 6 months later and 8lbs away from my goal! i am out on my own again with my boyfriend and although its tough i have stuck with it! i slacked off since thanksgiving but i am back on track now! i just want you both to know that you CAN DO IT!!! its not as hard as we think! dont stress about going over too much! just keep tracking! soon you will see all your hard work paying off! its totally worth it! get through the bad days and you will be so much more happy on the good ones! dont beat yourself up!!!! and dont deprive yourself! if you want you can look back at my logs! i saved calories for my fav (chocolate) and i was able to be satisfied and still lost the weight! you can too!!!!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Estimating this is at least my 100th excursion into the diet world...some worked and some didn't, but NOTHING was permanent. I hope I can start slow and this time keep it off.

My beautiful daughter (mother of a 1 year old) had great success here and has convinced me to give it a try.

Why I Want To Get In Shape
    I want to avoid those annoying and disgusted looks from my horse and his huffing and puffing noise as he staggers down the road with me on him. Good thing he can't talk.....hahahahaha

Through MFP I learned that I just needed to "work for it", through exercise, and watching my numbers (MOST of the time.)
    Before coming here, I tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, (TWICE) but nothing really worked. I always felt deprived of all the "good stuff" out there, and therefore, could only last just so long, and then I'd cave and be right back to eating all the "goodies" I wanted.
    But then I came here, and started my new "lifestyle change", and as long as I "work with my numbers", I CAN occasionally have stuff like Chinese food, a double cheeseburger, pizza, and even homemade icecream! :love:
    MFP REALLY, REALLY, DOES work! :love: :happy: Give it a chance, and it WILL work for you too! :smile:
  • Elfie1
    Elfie1 Posts: 30
    Options
    Thanks for the input....I had a hard time passing McDonalds....but with a lil cursing and floorboarding the Blazer I made it past and was quite satisfied with myself. It is pretty cold out, but I am bundling up and taking the horse for a drag down the road. Thanks again....
  • bestmomtr
    bestmomtr Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am so with you, I have not tried 100 diets but, there are times that I feel like this has been the 100th time I have tried to loose this weight. I have not tried any of those with the food prepared for me. But, this time I'm trying to log my food again. I tried Weight Watchers, I did great as long as I logged my food. I am also having my daughter and husband start working out with me this time so, I'm not alone. I think that will make all the diofference. Have any of you tried to work out with the Wii??? I have started doing the Step for 20 minutes along with riding my bide for 15 minutes. I hope I can keep this up.
  • barbara12
    Options
    hello! congrats on starting this journey! Just remember attitude is everything and as long as you keep smiing you can do it!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Elfie--:flowerforyou:

You CAN do this!! There are several people on here from Washington (I looked at your profile:wink: ) and many from Oregon and the Portland metro area. I am about 40 miles south of you in Vancouver. Since you are new, I want to invite you to check out a thread of like minded women. It is the 50+ Women's thread under Motivation and Support. Here is a link to the most recent page:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/74199-women-ages-50-for-january?page=4#posts-1012323

Besides me, there is another member on that thread who is from our state, Barbiecat is from the Olympic Peninsula. (She joined in January 2009 and has lost almost 70 lbs.:drinker: --is two lbs. from her goal weight as of the last time I noticed last week.)

I hope you had or have a good outing with your horse. I just returned from an hour and half out with my dogs, known collectively as "the three little pigs" It is not too cold out there at the moment and we aren't supposed to get any rain until later tonight or tomorrow morning, so I hope you are able to take advantage of it.

I started using this site in April 2009 and lost 50 lbs. in 8 months.:drinker: I never felt deprived because I planned my calories so I could have things I wanted without breaking the "caloric bank."

Good luck to you, and I hope to see you posting in the future. You will find that the support here can really help keep you on track, and you will learn a lot in the process about what works and what doesn't.

Good luck!!!:flowerforyou: