Spaghetti Squash!!! Try it!

Options
2»

Replies

• immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    I love spaghetti squash! My absolute favorite way to serve/eat it is in place of actual spaghetti. I cook up some ground turkey breast, add some mushrooms/onions/olives/garlic/ital seasoning/etc. and a big can of no salt added crushed tomatoes. SO good!! (but of course it makes me want to have garlic bread :embarassed: )

Any other good recipes out there for main dishes? :flowerforyou:
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    I really want to try this. How do you prepare and cook it? What are the ingredients?
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    I really want to try this. How do you prepare and cook it? What are the ingredients?
  • Shrimpy
    Shrimpy Posts: 14
    Options
    That sounds lovely but I can't find one in my local supermarket. I live in Scotland so maybe we don't get them shipped over here at this time of year? Boo Hiss Boo!!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,760 Member
    Options
    Tried it tonight. Not bad. Ate it with spaghetti sauce. Really not that much flavor, but then neither do noodles, so it was all good with me.

Mine actually had a sticker with directions right on it for microwaving. Easy peasy!
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Did you guys know you can bake the seeds from spaghetti squash just like pumpkin seeds?

Yup, you can! Actually, you can bake any squash seed like that. I generally wash and dry mine, then spray them lightly with cooking spray and season how you like. I use seasoned salt, but you can use garlic, or chili powder or whatever your twisted little minds can come up with. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10 to 20 minutes, until lightly browned, stiring once, halfway through.

Yummity Yummity Yum Yum
  • LucyFordxo
    LucyFordxo Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Spaghettie squash is such a lovely alternative to pasta.

It's really nice if you crush some baked garlic ontop with some grapeseed oil and black pepper. Also delish with pesto!!!