Needing help/ advice with my weight loss journey...

Hello! I'm new here!
This place seems so friendly and encouraging. It has some really great information but i still have a few questions that hopefully someone can help me with.

First my stats: I'm Female about 63 inches and my weight (depending on the scale) is 211. The scale I weigh myself on (i work in nursing / rehab) normally says 211 but my doc office is a +10lbs difference. I have been diagnosed with PCOS and am taking Metformin which Dr. says will help me lose 1 to 2lbs a week as well as balance out my hormones.

I've already lost 20lbs by managing what i eat. I lost a good amount of weight already by cutting out big carbs like bread, pasta, starches, and rice. This probably cut my caloric intake by half, but I have no intrest in cutting these things from my diet forever or completely. I've been slowly incorporating them into my diet. For instance I have a cup of cereal (oats almonds raisind dates) with a splash of 2% milk for breakfast.sometimes I have about a cup or less of cooked rice for dinner.

Can I incorporate bread and pasta back into my diet and continue to lose weight?

Can you give me some suggestions on a healthy bread (this is most confusing) and pasta alternative? I've taken to wheat flat bread(90 cal). Is that ok?

I've got my activity level at Active, but should I change it? I work in healthcare as a CNA and am walking most of the day (I do 16hr shifts 2x a week and every other weekend) I've also got into the routine of biking 2 - 4 miles on my days off (thats twice a week) and try to do a 10 to 20 minute bike ride after work. My dog accompanies me about 50% of the time so it isn't a really fast ride (she's a bit out of shape as well.)

Also....my doctor reccomends i eat 5 to 6 small meals a day....which is very difficult considering my work schedule. I find that majority of the time when i do the 5 to 6 meals I am eating when i'm not hungry....is that ok? I am mostly hungry at work (which makes sense) so when I am at home i do not feel the need to consume as much. on my days off i find it easy to consume less than 1500cal.

Does anyone have any tips for me? I have it set at 1lb a week...should i change it to 2lbs?

Also...this battle has been especially hard for me as i have noticed I seem to be "Addicted" (for lack of a better term) to eating. Is there anything i can snack on (semi) guilt free when i get that urge to eat for no reason?

Replies

• This is a great place to come and get support!

I have been there.. lost 50 pounds :)

Alternative for Pasta for me is Spaghetti squash. I never eat pasta but this is SUPER good and it is a hidden veggie! You can do bread but I would do WHEAT breads. White bread is no good for you nor will it help you lose weight. Oatmeal is my favorite breakfast of all times! I add a banana and some peanut butter :) How can that NOT be good!

Snacks... READY
    Rice Cakes with a table spoon of natural peanut butter
    Shakeology (I am a beachbody coach but this is my lunch-keeps me away from chocolate)
    Almonds. They have almonds out there that have choco powder on them...they are Super good.
    Greek Yogurt (High in protein)
    Protein Pancakes (1/2 cup of oatmeal, 6 oz's of greek yogurt and 1/3 cup of egg whites-mix together and make a wonderful healthy pancake) Top with fruit and SF syrup.

I have a million ideas... add me on facebook Kathy Morgan or go to my LIKE page I send out good tips all the time. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mission-ImPOSSIBLE/272004376201392?ref=hl