Started P90X

johnporcaro
johnporcaro Posts: 76 Member
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
I'm a 46 year old dad, with four preteen kids at home. I have a great career which has kept me busy, and a bit out of shape. I enjoy being outdoors, but I find myself behind a desk waaaay too much.

Before my kids were born, I enjoyed mountaineering, climbing, and mountain biking. A couple years back, 3 of my kids and I earned our blue belts in Taekwondo, but it got tough to juggle schedules between work and school and home.

That's where P90X comes in. I'm pretty sceptical of anything sold after midnight on the channels between History and HGN, but this one caught my eye. If this program can get me from behind my desk, and sweating a bit, it can't be bad. And I might save enough in gas driving to the gym to pay for the program.

Pressing Play...

Replies

• tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    My brother loves P90X and it has changed his life. Good luck, I would do it too but i am not coordinated enought to keep up lol!
  • johnporcaro
    Thanks! So far, so good. It's a workout, that's for sure. I'm sore all over, but it's a good kind of sore! :)
  • I have a friend that uses this program the way it was meant to be used....on a regular basis. You will see visible results. I have considered purchasing the product based on his results. I'm like you....a skeptic...but seeing is believing. I have a gym membership and I know you need to have some additional items on hand at home, like free weights and a pull up bar and such...so I will have to determine if it's cost effective. Good luck!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Hi John, There is a blog going under fitness and after today I will be blogging on it and you sure are welcome, they do not care WHO joins in! I do the fit test today along with my other normal cardio and then officially start tomorrow. I have decided that I will use the Insanity cardio series instead of p90x's cardio because I have done the 2 month Insanity series already and it is unbelievable tuff so I am thinking that the plyo X (which I have done numerous times) will not be hard enough for me! I am looking for more definition and a structured 90 day program and I feel this is it and I am ready to push play AND "bring it"! Best wishes!
  • johnporcaro
    Thanks, Carla!

I have a gym membership at YMCA, and at another local gym closer to my work (that I haven't been to in a year!). I like the social aspect of going to a gym, but it's unstructured enough that I get a bit overwhelmed, and I find it's really easy to put it off, or not give it 100%. Plus, I feel weird stretching and groaning and sweating with so many people around.
  • johnporcaro
    Hi vhuber. I'll take a look at the Fitness Blog. Sounds like a good way to stay in touch with everyone, and stay motivated.

Plyometrics kicked my butt, I can't wait for the day when I can say it's not hard enough! You definitely make it look easy. :)
This discussion has been closed.