asking for help is so difficult

Options
Hello MFP cyber-world :) I have been on MFP for a while now, and because I'm not familiar with posting, blogging, or the cyber-world, I never had the courage to reach out. I'm finally realizing that I could use a friend or two for support and accountability. I am 53 years old, I was thin the majority of my life till hypothyroidism packed an additional 60 pounds onto my 5'4" frame. After having a unilateral lobectomy in 2007, where a Ping-Pong ball sized non-malignant growth was removed along with the left side of my thyroid to which it was attached, it seems I am forever in a fight with my own body!! In addition to fighting hypothyroidism, I recently realized I eat my emotions! What an eye-opener this was! I have taken steps to address my compulsive eating and making some cyber-friends is part of the plan. Asking for help has always been difficult for me, but I cannot do this alone. So if you’re willing, I would like to be part of the MFP cyber-world of mutual support. Thanks for reading this post :)

Replies

• joebob66
    Options
    very nice, i like your story, we all have one, but, i have alot of the same issues with food--add me as a friend as i am a positive upbeat person, dont like negativity, and all around good encouragement with the friends i have and the friends i am finding on my fitness pal. this helps me tremendously, im sure i can help you with my positive attitude,,,ps. the hair in the photo isnt real, i dont have gray hair yet!:smile: