NONE of my clothes fit!!!! :)

Options
So.. I just got out my box of fall clothes from last year ... when I was a size 12/14+. Today I am an 8/10 and shrinking which means literally not one thing fits -- no pants, no sweaters, no skirts and almost no shirts .... While I'm elated I'm also in a pickle as my employer demands we all come to work with clothes on .... anyone have advice on the clothes transition needed when you drop enough to go down multiple sizes? LOOOOOVE this site!!! :heart:

Replies

• llinehan525
    llinehan525 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Try the Good Will or second hand stores. You'd be amazed at the nice clothes you can find there. I say that as I am donating my clothes there as I grow out of them!! there are some that I bought too small, never fit in them and now they are too big....some with the original tags on. Good luck.
  • tabithajoyy
    tabithajoyy Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I have this issue too! LIterally i have NO fall/winter clothes. I was in a size 16 last year and now a 10 and i have zero clothes. Im in a pickle too bc money is tight...I may hit up goodwill soon!
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Try the Good Will or second hand stores. You'd be amazed at the nice clothes you can find there. I say that as I am donating my clothes there as I grow out of them!! there are some that I bought too small, never fit in them and now they are too big....some with the original tags on. Good luck.

This^^ I NEVER thought I'd shop at a thrift store but there are a couple in my area that really weed through their clothes and only sell ones that are stylish and I shop at one in particular all the time. I recently went last weekend and found a pair of hardly worn "7 for all man kind" jeans for $25 and a few tops. I ended up spending $50 in total and got some really cute things.
  • LCBinGA
    LCBinGA Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Goodwill, ValuVillage, Consignment stores are the best! I've found Coco Channel, Talbots, DKNY, LLBean, Bebe, and various other top brands. Yes, you have to look, and no they normally don't sort by size, but you can find several pieces to offset changing sizes for little to nothing.

Awesome problem to have!! I'm with ya, I'll be taking in my size 10's soon :laugh: woohoo!
  • beabria
    beabria Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Do you have a sewing machine? Shirts are pretty easy to take in if they don't have anything fancy on the sides. I take in a lot of my shirts when I buy them because they don't fit my body shape. You can even do it by hand. Pants, not so much though. I think Goodwill is your best choice for those.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!