Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Picky Eater Here!

dangitsjill
dangitsjill Posts: 68 Member
I'm a very picky eater. I was worse when I was a child and as I've grown I've started to like new foods, but living on my own, I find I'm more reluctant to try foods at the grocery store because if I don't like it, then it's kind of a big waste. I find myself eating the same meals all the time because there's only so many healthy foods I have tried/liked.
Does anyone else have this problem/what recipes do you all use to hide the foods that you don't like, but know are good for you??

Replies

• mjsunshine16
    mjsunshine16 Posts: 251 Member
    Spaghetti sauce can hide any veggie.
  • weali
    weali Posts: 37 Member
    Look on the internet for new foods that are similar to ones that you know you like. That way your still branching out to new foods but they won't be as scary because you know that they should taste similar to what you already like.

Soups are also a good way to try new vegetables because you can throw in a bunch of what you do like and one or two that you haven't tried before. I suggest looking online for recipes too, since there are normally forums from people who have tried the recipe and how they modified it.

Even when you try a new food, remember that it takes mulitples times of trying something before you know that you don't like something.
  • Pretty much every veggie tastes amazing when you roast it in the oven. I mix 1-2 tbsp olive oil (not virgin), 2 tsp garlic (fresh or jarred), and sometimes I'll add a handful of fresh minced parsley. Toss it with your hands in a bowl, pour on a lined cookie sheet, salt & pepper, then roast for 15-25 minutes at 400 degrees. I've done this with asparagus, cauliflower, potatoes, broccoli, onions, tomatoes, carrots - you name it. Comes out perfect everytime. Roasting brings out the natural sweetness in veggies, while simultaneously getting rid of the bitterness.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Fibar PB&J are yummy...
  • seaKind
    seaKind Posts: 136
    get a magic bullet (so you can puree up all kinds of veggies ) & check out Jessica Seinfeld's cookbook- "deceptively delicious". it can change your life!!!!!

(edited to sign off as...)
    sincerely yours,
    another overwhelmingly, painfully, aggravatingly picky eater!
  • rcalvert1
    rcalvert1 Posts: 117 Member
    bump for later
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    I'm pretty picky, but I do try new things. I hate tomatoes and eggplant and all sorts of things. My advice is to try new things in the context of a dish you love. I love a fritatta made with ground beef. I wasn't sure if I would like zucchini, so I through it in and found I like it. Another time, I put navy beans in. I didn't really like them, but since I liked everything else, I could eat it. Similarly, I have some dark chocolate dreams peanut butter that goes well with all sweet things!