Belly button rings

Options
Okay everyone, I really need some honest feedback. As I approach my 30th birthday, I am starting to reconsider my navel ring, which I had done at 15 years old. To be fair, it only shows when I wear a bikini, I'm not running around in short tops. I don't wear outlandishly gawdy jewelry in it, just a basic barbell with a small diamond on the end. But, I think they have gone out of style!!! My dilemma... take it out, even though there is scar tissue and it kind of looks funky, or continue to rock the outdated look until the day I die (literally). All advice appreciated!

Replies

• IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    The fact that you are consisdering to get rid of it, get rid of it lol simple. Think you are too old I mean too mature for a navel ring? get rid of it.

5yrs to 30 and as long as there is a hole on my navel i'm going to keep a barbell in it :wink:
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    The fact that you are consisdering to get rid of it, get rid of it lol simple. Think you are too old I mean too mature for a navel ring? get rid of it.

5yrs to 30 and as long as there is a hole on my navel i'm going to keep a barbell in it :wink:

Me too. Piercing is not out of style. It is more popular than ever.
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    If you're over it you're over it...but it's not out of style. I'm 19 and a lot of my girlfriends, as well as myself, have them.
  • StephanieEmpson
    Options
    I am 51 and still have mine! :blushing:
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I have scar from mine, I have scar from my eyebrow ring too. Is that the only reason you don't want to keep it? Lol. My eyebrow ring got ripped out halfway by a hairdresser =/

EDIT: Also, I have a bunch of other piercings I plan on NEVER taking out either. I don't care if I'm 60, I'll be rocking my tongue ring. That **** hurt, I'm not letting it close up lol
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I hate them and I have piercings. I just think they are trashy looking.

I don't like tongue rings either.
  • Apocalypse_Meow
    Apocalypse_Meow Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    if you like it, keep it
  • Songbird1104
    Songbird1104 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I disagree that it's out of style. But even if it were, I think that if it makes you feel cute, keep it! My sister and I got ours done together years ago and we don't really wear clothes that show our bellies. We just thought that navel piercings were cute; a little sexy treat for ourselves. My husband and I are the only ones that see my ring, and that's all that matters. :-) (Besides, it's more incentive to flatten my post-natal belly!)
  • IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options

Says the girl with 2 rings in her lip :laugh: ...
  • lordofthenuggets
    lordofthenuggets Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I got my belly-button pierced, and will keep it until the day I die! I love how it looks, and I only wear a basic barbell. It's all a matter of what YOU like. Forget if it's "in-style", trends are ever changing anyways!!
  • TeamEdwardJenn
    TeamEdwardJenn Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    EEEEEEK! I cant even think about this !! I am petridied of belly buttons . I dont even talk about mine , im affraid its going to open up and im going to explode all over the floor like a ballon when the air goes out...:( lol
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    i love them. think it's totally sexy.
  • emstethem
    emstethem Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I had to remove my belly button piercing for a surgery, and it closed up, and I couldn't get my belly button ring back in after that. :( So, I just let it go (I'm 33), and I regret it everyday. Wish I still had the ring in because now I have a scar... I say keep it! I wish I still had mine!
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I took mine out and it slammed shut in like three minutes. I decided that it looked dumb. If you like it, leave it.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I am going to say, leave it in, and rock it girl!

I'm sure I'll do that with mine :)
  • Ruthe8
    Ruthe8 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Is the scar tissue the only reason you are thinking of leaving it in? If so, I'd say you don't really want it anymore and you might as well take it out. But they do close up quickly, so be sure before taking it out.
  • emstethem
    emstethem Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I have scar from mine, I have scar from my eyebrow ring too. Is that the only reason you don't want to keep it? Lol. My eyebrow ring got ripped out halfway by a hairdresser =/

EDIT: Also, I have a bunch of other piercings I plan on NEVER taking out either. I don't care if I'm 60, I'll be rocking my tongue ring. That **** hurt, I'm not letting it close up lol

Had my tongue pierced too and it didn't hurt at all. Least painful piercing of all the piercings I've had. I think having my belly button pierced hurt the worst...I almost passed out and had to be given a cookie ; ) ! haha. ;) I loved my tongue piercing, but it really pissed off my dentist! :D ...Sadly, my tongue piercing is gone now too...I almost swallowed it when I was eating a cheeseburger one day because it came out (I was forgetting to tighten the balls haha) so I just let it go...It was getting annoying anyway because I like to lick my gums...often. ;) I think the sexiest piercing of all time is the labret piercing...wish I could pull that look off... :D I think I may go have that done.... :)
  • Nekoashi
    Nekoashi Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I had to remove my belly button piercing because of the weight I gained :( It was just too uncomfortable with tight jeans. The weight gain also It caused the piercing to migrate outward -__-

If you like yours a lot, leave it. simple as that :)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'm 40 and I love mine. I liked the look of them from the first time I saw one, but didn't get mine for another 20 years because I was chicken.

I don't think they're the least bit out of style, but they're not edgy or trendy at all. I didn't get mine to be edgy. I just thought it looked pretty. Same as piercing my ears.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options

Says the girl with 2 rings in her lip :laugh: ...

Ding ding ding!

Belly button rings are NOT trashy looking, you can't even see them if they are covered. They aren't as trashy looking as a piercing on your face.