Eating in the evening

margaretbonita
margaretbonita Posts: 5 Member
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hi all!-I just wondered if anyone else has this problem of eating at nite. When I watch TV I just want to eat. I would like to go to bed earlier, but can't sleep-so I tend to go to bed quite late-so it gives me so much time to 'think' about food. Any suggestions?-Bonnie

Replies

• I know myself well enough to plan my day accordingly. I eat lightly at breakfast and lunch and eat healthy snacks like fruit during the day. I think you just have to find a pattern that works for you. Planning one's day in advance really helps.
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Unfortunately, I think this is a problem for pretty much everyone. I have been experiementing with different suggestions that have been posted on here, and i think the only thing that will work for me is if i just leave some calories left after all my other meals so that i can have a snack at night and not go over my allowance. However, last night i stayed up extra late and had some trail mix with m&m's. :blushing: oops. That definately did not fit.
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    make better foods in advance to snack on, or don't watch as much television. read a book instead.
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    One suggesting to try along with saving some calories for an evening snack is right after every meal, or healthy snack brush your teeth. No one likes to eat right after brushing their teeth. And drink lots of water.
  • MsT4u
    MsT4u Posts: 10
    What has worked for me is to stay busy. It is important to get out of the old habits/patterns of sitting in front of the tv when you know those cravings will kick in. I have tons of magazine subscriptions (shape, fitness etc), that I am catching up on. For me its important to go to a different part of the house (away from the kitchen). I am also doing some new year spring cleaning of my closet to pass time. I also like to visit forums and websites like this late in the evening for support. Good luck!
  • I also enjoy relaxing at night and watching TV. I think it's those ads that sometimes make me crave food. I (DVR) tape many of the shows that I enjoy watching, therefore skipping those food ads. I also save ONE nice snack for myself to enjoy in the evening. It may be a Weight Watcher / Skinny Cow ice cream or popcorn or a sugar free pudding and I only have that one thing. I know they say not to eat later at night and I try to stick to nothing to eat after 8 pm. Some nights, I'll chew on sugarless gum.
  • This is/was my second day of counting calories. I noticed on my first day, I snacked during the day when I really didn't feel I had to, and then I didn't have enough for the evening when my hunger is the worst. What I did for today was plan my meal yesterday and made sure to have plenty of snacks. Instead of eating them between meals, I at them hours after dinner. I usually don't go to bed until 3 a.m., so I figure eating past when others stop... it's okay.
  • Your problem was my problem. I solved it by keeping my hands busy. Try a new craft. I like to crochet as the yarn seems to never end and I stay warm during the night as the project forms. I have patterens if you are interested. Cross stich also does some good. Instead of thinking about food you are thinking about which color you were supposed to use for those two stiches instead of that flamingo pink. I think it might have been 0954 Pale Violet. Sorry there I go again. Hope you find something to help.
This discussion has been closed.