irratated

Options
13»

Replies

• TexasTroy
    TexasTroy Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Im just gonna chime in and pretty much say the same thing as everyone else...dump your friend as a workout buddy. Your friend has absolutely no idea how to train someone-that is clearly obvious! If you need help with your training seek out a qualified professional that train's people for a living, not some "know it all " friend or gym rat. Listen to your own body...you crashed for a reason-your body said, " F-this, I cant do it at this pace anymore". Everyone is different ...everyone has different fitness levels, calorie needs, etc. Get the proper guidance and with that, you can still train with your friend, just do your own thing.
  • tellascott
    Options
    I think it's nice you have a friend who is working out with you, it's nice to have the support, but you just have to tell your friend it's too much for you at this time. She'll understand I'm sure, she probably doesn't even realize its much more difficult for you. I remember back 10 years ago, i had a friend who was simmonizing to get into shape and i did it with her. I could do it all and it was easy for me, but for her it was hard and she had to stop and rest. Once I realized i was making her work harder than she should just to keep up with me, I slowed down so she could keep up and made sure she knew resting was fine. It's just at the start it was so easy for me I never thought it could be hard for anyone else. It's ; likely the same with your friend, the intentions are good and her heart is in the right place but she just hasn't realized it's different for different people, so just tell her and don't be afraid of hurting her feelings. :)
  • EccentricDad
    EccentricDad Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Since it would seem you aren't coming back to comment on this thread I will give you my advice.

I think it's great that you two are taking an aggressive approach to losing weight, but you have to be realistic with your expectations. A person can only lose (in a healthy way) about 3 lbs. a week. Since 1 lbs equals 3500 calories, that's 10,500 calories that you need to be deficient in order to lose that much. Anything over that would be doable but it would require a LOT more food/exercise.

http://calorieline.com/tools/tdee

The above is a great tool to tell you what you need to be eating in order to lose weight. It has a diet only calorie intake (sedentary) and it has many different levels of calorie intake based on how intense you work out. This is NOT a benchmark with leeway that you should eat below it; this is the new lifestyle you will be on until you reach your scale weight and body composition goals. You could technically eat 10% to 20% below the numbers given and lose more weight, but you would be burning the candle from both ends.

I don't have any advice about your friend. I think your friend is just being very passionate about her body/weight-loss and I think that it's a good thing to have. But you do want to make sure that you both do it in a manner that is appropriate for your health. Clearly this post proves you have been neglecting your health in light of a skinny body which a big no-no!!!!

This is the hardest thing to accept, but it took you months or years to get where you are, it's going to take just as long to get you where you want to be; so track your food, exercise if you want to, and keep in tune with your body. :flowerforyou:
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    10,500... let's not make this any harder than it needs be.
  • EccentricDad
    EccentricDad Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    10,500... let's not make this any harder than it needs be.

Fixed :embarassed:

But 105,000 for 30 lbs nevertheless. Which is proof that it's going to take a while.