Lose 20 pounds by Christmas?

Options

Replies

• chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    My goal is 3 lbs a week, roughly 12 lbs a month. So far I am right on track, I've lost 37 lbs in 3 mos. I still have 6 lbs to go toward making my Sept goal so that combined with my Oct goal I want to lose a total of 18 lbs by Halloween. You can add me if you want even though our goals are slightly different. Good luck!
  • judykmmg
    judykmmg Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Not sure if I can lose 20 pounds by Christmas, but I'm willing to try. My weight has been coming off slowly. I walk for exercise. Can't do a lot of heavy exercise due to my arthritis. I do watch my calories - eating 1200 calories or less a day. Once in a while a little more. Rarely do I eat junk food anymore. It doesn't even appeal to me. Except for sugar - I do miss it. Fruit helps.
  • AngelicxAnnihilation
    Options
    I've lost 56 pounds since February. I'd like to lose 19-29 more. I would love to join. What do I do to join. I've been on MFP for a while but this is my first visit to the forum.: :smile:

I was just looking to add some friends who are on the same line as me and would like to work towards the same goal. There is a group though that I am signed up with and you can access it here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/8557-let-s-lose-20-pounds-by-christmas
    They do weekly weigh ins and im sure everyone can post helpful tips and etc..
  • AngelicxAnnihilation
    Options
    Not sure if I can lose 20 pounds by Christmas, but I'm willing to try. My weight has been coming off slowly. I walk for exercise. Can't do a lot of heavy exercise due to my arthritis. I do watch my calories - eating 1200 calories or less a day. Once in a while a little more. Rarely do I eat junk food anymore. It doesn't even appeal to me. Except for sugar - I do miss it. Fruit helps.

I'm glad you're doing what you can, every little bit helps :) Remeber you can do anything you put your mind to, and to always stay positive. Good luck on your goals!
  • yecatsmn
    yecatsmn Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely in. I have a lot to lose, so 20 pounds is possible me thinks.
  • AngelicxAnnihilation
    Options
    I'm definitely in. I have a lot to lose, so 20 pounds is possible me thinks.

We both have a lot to lose we can do it :)
  • jenshoeee
    jenshoeee Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Im trying to loose 40 by the end of this year...this is my goal hopefully i can do it...I wish you good luck!! it is possible!

We have the same goal!!!!! I want to loose between 30 and 40 before I move, in January.
  • jenshoeee
    jenshoeee Posts: 29 Member
    Options

As Malicent said the hunger games... I have the exact same problem as you do, and water doesn't help. I think you can do it if you put your mind to it!

Try more protein! That helps me.
  • merada01
    Options
    I'm in! Getting married Jan 5th, so its perfect timing! I'm assuming its 20 lbs from today, not total since we started right?? Just clarifying :)
  • eeedela1
    Options
    yes count me into too. Ideally I'd like to lose 28 pound but we'll see how it goes
  • FinFoxPT
    FinFoxPT Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I wish I could do this!!! I have hunger problems. I'll do well for a few days and then I'll be hungry again as if I hadn't eaten for days. :sick:

I think this is about blood sugar levels, have u spoken to your doctor about your diet? Mine helped me to work out why i way getting really hungry at times.
  • AngelicxAnnihilation
    Options
    I'm in! Getting married Jan 5th, so its perfect timing! I'm assuming its 20 lbs from today, not total since we started right?? Just clarifying :)
    Aww you're getting married congratulations :) and yes, 20 pounds from today!!
  • Colonel_Brandon
    Colonel_Brandon Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I'm in. 20 by Christmas? Ya... I got this.
  • AngelicxAnnihilation
    Options

As Malicent said the hunger games... I have the exact same problem as you do, and water doesn't help. I think you can do it if you put your mind to it!

Try more protein! That helps me.
    I will have to try this, thank you :)
  • PianoFingers85
    Options
    I'm doing the exact same goal! We're going on a trip (to Costa Rica) and I want to feel good about putting on a swimsuit! lol. MyfitnessPal is an awesome place to start and finish with your goals :D
  • AngelicxAnnihilation
    Options
    I'm doing the exact same goal! We're going on a trip (to Costa Rica) and I want to feel good about putting on a swimsuit! lol. MyfitnessPal is an awesome place to start and finish with your goals :D
    Nice! Enjoy your trip when you go! :) I agree, I'm so happy I heard about this website. Now I'm debating on ordering a fitbit.
  • judykmmg
    judykmmg Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You will love the fitbit! But wait for the new one. It's called fitbit one. It will be bluetooth whereas the one I have has to be near its little antenna station. The new one will sync with your smart phone by bluetooth. Thinking about buying that one.

I also have a nike fuel bracelet. Like it, too; but not as much as the fitbit.
  • jayhawkfan51
    jayhawkfan51 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Im in! Actually my goal is 17lbs by 12/31, but 20 by Christmas sounds even better!
  • disneychick1
    Options
    I'm in!!!
  • heroyalslimness
    heroyalslimness Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I'd like to get in on this goodness

What he said!

I'm in no-junk,too 3 DAYS DOWN!