Help me!

Options
So this morning when I went up the scale I was at 156.2, tonight I am at 160 lbs... I am soooo disapointed. I know it could be water weight but for 4 pounds?

Can you please look into my food diary and see what has been happening. Oh my god, I am totally disapointed in my self.

Last time I tried losing weight I did it through Jenny Craig, I do not want to go back to them as they are expensive...but that was the only way I lost weight.

This forum is my last hope. Please let me know what you think I am doing wrong :(

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I am usually 3-5 "pounds heavier" in the evening.

Step back and read your post: you were 156 this morning. Did you eat an EXTRA 14,000 calories today? And GAIN four pounds today? Of course not.
    It's a days worth of food and water and water weight.
    And maybe ovulation, or pms or....

You CAN'T freak out over variations like this. It's a path to disaster.

If you have to weigh daily, or more, then only "weigh in" once a week. Maybe Friday mornings, before the weekend. And then watch the TREND with THAT NUMBER.

You can do this!!
  • PunkyG210
    PunkyG210 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Why did you weigh yourself in the morning AND at night? Of course you will weigh more at night...I'm assuming that you ate at least 3 meals today. Don't weigh yourself again at night. You'll make yourself crazy.
  • Jenph20
    Jenph20 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hey lady!! it can be a ton of different things!! water weight, did you weigh yourself at the same time?, did you maybe just finish drinking water?, have you been working out and have sore muscles (that can store water as well). I know its hard but dont be discouraged!! if you've been eating well, then im sure you are fine. Just keep at it. If you are looking for some extra support, i have a ladies only support group on fb. We would love to have you! we have challenges every so often and share ideas and tips. Send me a msg if you're interested :)
  • RMLMoore
    RMLMoore Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I do this too! Just stick to your weigh in every morning, same time and you'll get a much clearer picture. You are doing well!
  • judykmmg
    judykmmg Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I also weigh 5 lbs heavier in the evening. I also weigh more on some days - this could be water weight. You should pick a day of the week to weigh in. Weigh in on the same day of the week and in the mornings after you wake (I empty my bladder first - don't need any extra weight!). Good luck!
  • jwolfe0709
    jwolfe0709 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    ^^ Agree with everyone. There is no point in weighing yourself at morning and at night. Unless of course you're drunk with friends and weigh each time you pee, just to see how many ounces you peed. Oh, was I the only one who did that? :embarassed:
  • 388gigi
    388gigi Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    You aren't eating enough.

You need more fresh, unprocessed foods.

Try lower your sodium intake.

Try upping your protein intake.

Weigh yourself once a week, same time of the day every time.
  • julimonster
    julimonster Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Just curious, are you drinking ANY water during the day?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    You aren't eating enough.

You need more fresh, unprocessed foods.

Try lower your sodium intake.

Try upping your protein intake.

Weigh yourself once a week, same time of the day every time.
    Agreed. If today is any indicator: you're not eating enough calories, and you're not eating enough FOOD. Real food.
  • davelink
    Options
    Weigh yourself @ the same time every day or less often,don't obsess over weight. A normal non anorexic person varies 3-5 lbs. a day due to the food they eat. Eat a balanced meal including fat,starch,grains,and vegetables daily.
  • stormsusmc
    stormsusmc Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Your weight will fluctuate...start taping yourself...if you gain 5 lbs, but lose in an inch in the belly, .5 inches on the neck then youre gaining muscle not fat
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    You ate food and drank fluids during the day.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I'm going to bed now. I will wake up tomorrow around 4 lbs lighter than right now.
    Get a grip.
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Even without looking at your diary, I can say that one of the biggest things you're doing wrong is weighing yourself twice a day. Stop that. Really.
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    So this morning when I went up the scale I was at 156.2, tonight I am at 160 lbs... I am soooo disapointed. I know it could be water weight but for 4 pounds?
    Please let me know what you think I am doing wrong :(

What you're doing wrong?

1. Weighing yourself twice a day
    2. Worrying about intra day weight gain.
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    im pretty sure every1 is heavier at night! You have ate all day dont stress you will be back to normal in the morning again :)
  • sheripoynter
    Options
    just clicked your profile and all your forum posts are along the same things, you don't seem to be reading the advice anyone gives you!
    weigh once a week, first thing in the morning after going to the bathroom
    weighing twice a day is stupid! all that food thats sitting in yout tummy is adding on
  • Irish_eyes75
    Options
    What's with the multiple posts?
  • HSingMomto7Kids
    HSingMomto7Kids Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Go with the am weight. You will be heavier in the evening.
  • abbiepql
    Options
    What's with the multiple posts?

I guess she did not like the answers on the other three pages of posts she got - to the same question!