Jello pudding dessert?

Options
iRun4wine
iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
I'm looking for a healthy dessert that I can bring to a friend's house tomorrow night. Neither her nor her boyfriend are particularly big on sweets, and I'm trying to be good. So, I'm looking for something kind of small/casual- NOT a big, fancy dessert. I have some sugar free chocolate jello pudding mix and some cool whip- anyone know of anything I could make using those ingredients (and some other, too of course!:tongue: )

Replies

• jennblankenship
    Options
    im not sure of anything else to do to that pudding except eat it. its awesome as it is!!! but i did wanna say if you freeze that tub of cool whip it comes out very simular to ice cream. with only 20 calories per serving!!! its really delicious! hope that helps a little. :smile:
  • Christie422
    Christie422 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    What about a trifle? You can layer the pudding and cool whip with either cake (even angle food so its a little less bad for you) or brownies. Good stuff! Or...what about making a pudding pie with a graham cracker crust?
  • timmijop
    timmijop Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I like to mix the pudding and the cool whip together to create almost like a chocolate mouse! sprinkle raw sliced almonds on top and it is really great!!!!!!! It is how I get my chocolate fix!!!
  • barbara12
    Options
    try adding fruit like cut strawberries and layering in wine glasses for presentation. Looks really nice and most people like pudding!:smile: I hope your dessert is a success! Good Luck!
  • BroiledNotFried
    BroiledNotFried Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    How about a trifle, and yes, you can do these in wine glasses.

Angel cake, sliced thin
    Jello pudding
    Fresh sliced strawberries (and other assorted berries that look good in the super market and go with your flavor of pudding) Kiwi works too!
    A Sweet Liquor like Chombourd, Rum, Apriciot Brandy...or just some Rum Extract (the big bottle)
    Real Whip Light Cream (bottle stuff)

Now, make your layers
    Layer cake slice on bottom of glass
    Liquor (or extract), just a giggle of it onto cake
    Pudding
    Fresh berries
    Whip cream
    Try to layer twice, ending with cake, then whip cream, ... and make the top pretty with the fruit that's inside
  • iRun4wine
    Options
    Those ALL sound amazing... thanks for the ideas. Looks like I have a decision to make! :tongue:
  • barbara12
    Options
    Those ALL sound amazing... thanks for the ideas. Looks like I have a decision to make! :tongue:

Hi there! Just wondering what you decided to make and how it turned out! :happy:
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    I made this the other night and YUMMY

Chunky & nutty frozen pb cups(from the hungry girl cookbook)

1 small( 4 serving) package of sugar free fat free chocolate instant pudding mix
    one 8 oz container cool whip free, thawed
    2 ounces ( about 1/2 cup dry roasted soy nuts) (you dont have to put this in)
    1 Tbsp mini semi sweet chocolate chips
    1 Tbsp reduced fat peanut butter , room temperature

Place pudding mix in a medium bowl , add 3 ounces (1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp) warm water. Stir until smooth and thickened, about 2 minutes .
    In a small bowl, combine 1 Tbsp cool whip with peanut butter until mixed well. Stir into the pudding mixuture.
    Stir in half of the soy nuts and all of the chocolate chips. Fold in remaining cool whip. You dont need to mix it in completely-the marble effect is cool.
    Line a 12-cup muffin pan with baking cups and spray with nonstick spray. Evenly distribute pudding mixture among the cups . Sprinkle the tops of the cups with reamaining soy nuts .
    Freeze until solid, about 1 hour. Store in the freezer until ready to serve .
    TIP: Eat or serve these within a day or so of making them . After that, they'll need to be slightly thawed before eating .

Makes 12 servings
    Per Serving(1 pb cup) 78 calories, 2g fat, 123mg sodium, 11.5g carbs, 0.5f fiber, 2.5g sugars, 2g protein
  • iRun4wine
    Options
    I made this the other night and YUMMY

Chunky & nutty frozen pb cups(from the hungry girl cookbook)

1 small( 4 serving) package of sugar free fat free chocolate instant pudding mix
    one 8 oz container cool whip free, thawed
    2 ounces ( about 1/2 cup dry roasted soy nuts) (you dont have to put this in)
    1 Tbsp mini semi sweet chocolate chips
    1 Tbsp reduced fat peanut butter , room temperature

Place pudding mix in a medium bowl , add 3 ounces (1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp) warm water. Stir until smooth and thickened, about 2 minutes .
    In a small bowl, combine 1 Tbsp cool whip with peanut butter until mixed well. Stir into the pudding mixuture.
    Stir in half of the soy nuts and all of the chocolate chips. Fold in remaining cool whip. You dont need to mix it in completely-the marble effect is cool.
    Line a 12-cup muffin pan with baking cups and spray with nonstick spray. Evenly distribute pudding mixture among the cups . Sprinkle the tops of the cups with reamaining soy nuts .
    Freeze until solid, about 1 hour. Store in the freezer until ready to serve .
    TIP: Eat or serve these within a day or so of making them . After that, they'll need to be slightly thawed before eating .

Makes 12 servings
    Per Serving(1 pb cup) 78 calories, 2g fat, 123mg sodium, 11.5g carbs, 0.5f fiber, 2.5g sugars, 2g protein

Megan, I've made those before, too- they're awesome!
  • iRun4wine
    Options

Hi there! Just wondering what you decided to make and how it turned out! :happy:

I actually ended up making something different :laugh: But, I do appreciate the ideas... I will certainly use them in the future! I made just plain chocolate pudding, put it in muffin containers (that's the technical name, right?? :tongue: ) and then topped them with a few peanut butter chips (like chocolate chips) and a dab of Cool Whip. 58 calories per pudding cup and absolutely amazing! :love:
  • Stacey82
    Options
    Can't wait to try some of these ideas...they all sound yummy!
  • rmchan
    rmchan Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Chocolate and Cheesecake pudding desert

1 pkg sugar free fat free cheesecake instant pudding prepared with skim milk
    1 pkg sugar free fat free chocolate instant pudding
    1 tub sugar free cool whip
    1 cup chopped pecans
    1 square of chocolate graham cracker chopped

prepare the cheesecake pudding and place in fridge while you make the chocolate..then pour the chocolate over the cheesecake pudding top with cool whip, pecans, chocolate graham cracker..

I make this for my dad at Holidays; he is diabetic...everyone loves it! so easy and great!