Best exercises for lower body?

I am getting married in a few weeks and I am dreading having to wear a bikini on honeymoon. I am 5ft 6 and weight in at 13st 7lbs :sad: i am currently on the 1200 cal a day plan and although i am not seeing anything on the scales, i have lost some inches from my waist etc.

I was wondering if anyone know of exercises that I could add to my rountine to help me lose fat on the hips and inner/outer thighs as these are the parts i hate the most on my body!

I already go to the gym at least 5 times a week and usually do treadmill/bike work but i have also started using the weight machines and going to fitness classes such as legs,bum & tums and also zumba.

Please help, I dont want to be uncomfortable on my honeymoon :embarassed:

Replies

• JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Congratulations on your forthcoming marriage!

Unfortunately, there aren't any specific exercises that you can do to target fat loss in a particular area of your body. As you'll hear a lot around these boards, you can't "spot reduce". The body loses fat from where it wants too. Everyone is different, but it's common for women to lose it last in the hip/thigh/bum area. You just have to keep reducing your overall body fat and hope that it comes off where you want it to eventually.

Cardio helps to create a calorie deficit that will lead to losing fat, but strength training is great for burning fat, and for firming up the muscles underneath. I would keep up with the strength exercises, hope to lose a little more in the next few weeks, but try to accept that there unfortunately probably isn't going to be a massive difference between now and then. I've heard a lot of people say they have noticeable success with inch loss with circuit training type workouts, so that may be worth a try.

Most importantly, enjoy your day and your honeymoon, you say in your profile that your fiancé is supportive and I'm sure he loves you as you are. Just don't let this ruin your honeymoon. Go and have a fabulous time and come back ready to keep working on the diet and fitness.