Lasagna recipes with no PASTA!!??

Options

Replies

• Candida1983
    Options
    I just looked at the calories, Biggest Loser vs. Skinny Taste, and the Biggest Loser is lower calories too. :bigsmile:
  • JMWdiet
    Options
    Ive heard that some people use SOFT taco shells.
  • AniOmni
    Options
    Try using spaghetti-squash. I've tried it, and it makes a good substitute if you don't like eggplant or zucchini.
  • JMWdiet
    Options
    Ive heard that some people use SOFT taco shells.
  • lieselLalor
    lieselLalor Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I agree, I make it with eggplant and it's great. Or you can make a mexican-style lasagna and use tortilla shells. If you are looking for a brand of pasta though Dreamfields pasta is low carb.
  • chroniclesofthinoholic
    Options
    I actually just got this in my e-mail today :)
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/02/zucchini-lasagna.html

I haven't tried this recipe of hers, but I've liked several others. I recommend the site in general.

bump for later use! :)
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    I saw some people use leeks on the TV. They cut them into sheets and parboiled them to straighten them out.

This but drain as much liquid off as possible it's great! :bigsmile:

and it's the hairy bikers by the way! x
  • MGarcia0504
    MGarcia0504 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I actually just found that same recipe but I'm going to leave out the meat and use the low fat traditional prego so that I can make it tonight. It looks delicious. My son is a really picky eater so I'm going to tell him the zucchini is green pasta. lol! Let's hope that works.
  • kjw1031
    kjw1031 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I use wonton wrappers and make little mini lasagnas in cupcake tins. I got the recipe on this site- Lasagna Cupcakes. They're yummy :-)

I vote for the Lasagna Cupcakes. They're delicious.

http://www.emilybites.com/2011/07/lasagna-cupcakes.html
  • muchadoaboutme2000
    Options
    I've used Won-Ton wrappers to make mini lasagna in a cupcake tin. They crisp up nicely and are super low carb/calorie.
  • mrstom09
    Options
    I made pasta free lasgne last night from the Hairy Dieters book.

I used leeks - it was very nice.
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    You can also make it with leeks - it's really good!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I use the Barilla no-boil pasta sheets.

The recipe I use has two pasta layers which means 6 total lasagna sheets are used.

The entire pan of lasagna makes eight servings. All the pasta in the recipe comes out at 380 calories TOTAL for all eight servings. That's 48 calories worth of pasta for each serving of lasagna.

I don't see 48 calories as a deal-breaker. I say just continue to use pasta.

(In my experience zucchini and eggplant are terrible substitutes! The water content of these vegetables is so high, it turns a pan of lasagna into a sloppy mess!)
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I make lasagna with zucchini and yellow squash in place of the noodles. Slice it super thin and add plenty of the good cheeses and real garlic and you will be pleased. The first two times my Dad had it at my house he didn't notice the noodles were missing. The third time he got an edge piece and noticed there was no ruffley burnt noodle edge - lol
  • rachelhohenbrink
    rachelhohenbrink Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Zuchinin is a replacement go to allrecipes.com
  • snowdancer
    Options
    I have used cabbage as the noodles and ricotta is low fat anyways so use it. Zuccini is a night shade veg and causes inflammation ( water weight gain)...
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    but the problem is, zukes are foul vegetables sent here by the debbil hisself. and eggplants aren't far behind. Slimy veggies- barf.

I totally agree! These vegetables are so water-based that I think they'd turn any lasagna into mush!

You don't cook them first, just slice them super thin and layer them in. I won't be mad if you don't try it, but I swear it really is good stuff.
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    must try!! Love lasgna but do not love the noodles and they don't love me back LOL
  • downinaggieland98
    downinaggieland98 Posts: 224 Member
    Options

This looks delicious!! While looking at this site, I also saws this one:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/butternut_and_sweet_49981

Must try both! Thanks.
  • kelsnsher
    Options
    Use, eggplant instead....you can't even tell the difference in taste, only slightly in texture