trying to get weight under control ...

mellysbelly
mellysbelly Posts: 10 Member
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
...before it gets crazy! :D
Hi - I'm Melanie. I'm 32, married at home mom to Hannah (10) and Lane (7).
I never had weight issues until I had to have Lupron shots and then a hysterectomy at age 29. When I was 21, I weighed 100 lbs. I'm 5'5" and that was too skinny. After having 2 kids, I was happy at 115. Then after the shots I gained a very quick 10 lb. I was scared, bc so much of my family is obese. I ended up as a retail manager and lost 20 lb due to my schedule not allowing me to eat. It was sort of scary. I switched to what I thought would be a better job - with an hour for lunch - in June 2009. Since June, I have gained almost 25 pounds. I'm a little freaked out. Now, I'm at home all day. Hopefully back to working soon. I need to take care of this now before it gets out of control. Also, I am quitting smoking - quit date is January 15.
*phew*

I know I can do this - I have been inspired reading the posts here! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,340 Member
    Hi Melanie, welcome1

You are 5'5" and 133? Good for you for knowing enough to jump on this early and while you're young! I wish I hadn't stayed at 207 for as long as I did.

Be patient with yourself, you don't have much to lose and it will take you a while since you are close to your healthy weight range. Read through the topics in this link (scroll thru, there are tons more on the many pages of the link)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again

You can do it!
  • mellysbelly
    mellysbelly Posts: 10 Member
    Thank you for the link. :)
    Yes, I am giving my self until June to reach my goal, hopefully it won't take that long, though. lol I have a class reunion to attend - powerful motivation!
This discussion has been closed.