UK people I guess.....British Military Fitness

Options
Dudes, help!

Does anyone go to this? Is it good? AM I going to be like Private Pyle from Full Metal Jacket?

I'm going for my first one on DUnday and I'm scared!!

Experiences please :)

Replies

• SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Not done a bootcamp but when my husband was in the army I had a troop of PTIs that I used to kick my butt. They are the devil incarnate! They will work you harder than you thought possible and you will feel FABULOUS! I used the gym on camp and there is nothing like being yelled at by a drill sergeant! YOU WILL LOVE IT!
  • zen82
    zen82 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My landlady never used to exercise much, started this about 3 years ago after a hideous break up, and LOVES it. They put people in groups of similar ability so it will be challenging, but you won't die of embarrassment etc. She loves it, has a whole new social life because of it, and recommends it to everyone! Also I think your first session is free so you can try before you buy!
  • zen82
    zen82 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    N.B. I don't' think BMF is about people yelling and screaming etc. From what my l/l says, they motivate you and are no nonsense but it's not belittling etc.
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Dudes, help!

Does anyone go to this? Is it good? AM I going to be like Private Pyle from Full Metal Jacket?

I'm going for my first one on DUnday and I'm scared!!

Experiences please :)

I keep meaning to...keep putting it off tho.
  • Bufta217
    Options
    I want to go to this too... but am also scared

If you live near me Olly, I'll go if you go!
  • Francesca3434
    Options
    I did BMF and it was brilliant! they don't go in for shouting at you or humiliating people but they really do push you to give everything. it was a really amazing work out and i was totally sore by the end but i did love it. if you can't decide which group to go for go for the lower option (you can always do a more advanced group later)- i thought i would walk the lowest group and it nearly killed me :)
  • il_duce
    Options
    I am in the military... I have an official british army fitness guide that has exercises and stuff you can do. If you want it message me your address and Ill send it to you
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Yeah, a buddy of mine is an instructor there. Apparently there's some pretty cool, interesting, and fun workouts. I see them all the time in the local parks in LOndon and Guildford.
  • Poorgirls_Diet
    Poorgirls_Diet Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I done one of these as a freebie from my personal trainer who is a retired Military sergeant. Its all about team work and trust. Depending on how active you are there are three groups.

Blue - for the people that has done little or no exercises

Red - For someone who works out three days a week

Green - Definitely not for the faint hearted

Each class you are pushed through your limits, if you don't move your butt you are told to go though as they don't want to waste your time. You get to work up to each level as well as you go. You have to trust your team mates and each challenge is not completed until each team mate is finished. So we are all into it together. For the freebie we must have went into the deep end as we had to do an assault course but the net rope nearly killed me pulling myself up (I do weigh 300lbs). At the end of course I fainted, vomited but didn't die and enjoyed it. Would definitely recommend it even for a laugh at the end of it!!
  • OllyReeves
    OllyReeves Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    thats brilliant, thanks guys...it's on :)
  • firefly2280
    firefly2280 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    a little late to the connvo but I just started BMF and love it!!

Was wondering how many calories on average it burns though??