I am not losing

Options
Is it possible to have a Lot of weight to lose and hit a plateau after one month? How do all those people out there who have lost 50 to 100 lbs do it if they hit a plateau so early on. Please let me know what I might be doing wrong. Maybe I just need tobe more patient or exercise more regularly. Am I eating enough? I will open my diary so you can let me know.

Replies

• beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I am not one to give advice - I do not know you. I would say that we have about the same amount overall to lose. I am now half way there in 6 months. How do I do it and keep losing? I finally realized that I was not feeding my body and that doing cardio every day was not helping me to lose either.

Check out this info. Run your numbers. Contact Dan by pm and let him help you develop a strategy that will work for you. You don't have to run yourself ragged doing cardio, you don't have to starve to get there. What I am doing right now - I could do for the rest of my life - Easy. Good luck and send a FR if you would like to!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Just saw your other post - it's funny - when I was doing only cardio, I could go for an hour and never sweat. Now that I'm doing body weight circuit training at home? I sweat a LOT! It feels great!
  • Jessicapages1
    Jessicapages1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I change my routine up every month.I have not hit a plateau,I eat protein with every meal,I weight train and do cardio 6 days a week I have lost 20 pounds in 5 months..Still have 8 more to go.
  • tnmyers23
    tnmyers23 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Plateaus are mean little buggers that can hit at any time. But push past it. Looked at your Diary and it looked okay. I can't tell you what is best to help you as each person reacts differently to different thing. But keep switching things around till you find something that works for you.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Yes its possible. Especially if you aim for 2 lbs per week and then exercise and not eat back your exercise calories. You gotta fuel the body. Why dont you set your per week goal to 1 lb per week to see if that helps. On a side note if you have a metabolic issue or medical issue like pcos or pots than carbs will be an issue. Another thing i would suggest is changing your macros to 35% carbs, 40% protein and 25% fats. High protein diets are more effective for weight loss.
  • Its_Nat
    Its_Nat Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm with Beachlover317 on this. I hit a plateau just recently because I wasn't eating enough. I'm now making sure I reach my calorie level every day, and eating back my exercise calories. I don't do cardio, I refuse to because I'm not planning on doing aerobics for the rest of my lifel what I do plan on doing though, is continuing to walk my dogs, and do some weights - sustainable and achievable. That combined with a decent menu plan is how I'll live happily.

I'm still only new to this, but from what I have read, if you don't fuel your body enough for what you want it to do, your body will hang on to the fuel you DO give it.; hence no weight loss.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Based on your diary - you are not eating enough, you are not eating regularly and your intake is significantly unbalanced.... Unfortunately I see name-brand-this, name-brand-that...

You have several days where you are skipping meals....

Consistency is the key all across the board.
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Maybe, maybe not. If you are completely honest about what you consume (for example, you count that starbucks coffee, or the snacks as part of your intake) then it may very well be. I had a couple plateaus during my weight loss.

Just to double check, make sure you are counting everything, you may have to drop your calories a slight bit.

Also, if you are counting things in MyFitnessPal, like "Lawn Mowing" as burning cals, to me they seem a bit more generous than what you are truthfully burning, that may be stalling you.

On an off note, the scale isn't your ultimate indicator, the mirror is a much better indicator.
  • healthymom76
    healthymom76 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    thank you for all the helpful replies.