War has been declared...on my 70 extra pounds.

Whit2006
Whit2006 Posts: 2
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone! I'm Whitney! =)
I am 22 and I weigh 70 pounds more than I want to. I am a GM of a Subway, so I work 45 hours a week (around food, and Subways not as healthy as you think) and I am in school full time to get my bachelors in Clinical Lab Science. My boyfriend and I are busy and broke, so we eat bad and sleep whenever we have free time. In fact, we are laying in bed now after we just ate pizza. I am here to lose this weight, and I need help. I'm going to try to update my blog pretty frequently, so please read if you're interested!

Replies

• Welcome. I can tell you now(depending on your perspective), it was probably not good telling people you work for Subway. :) You will be bombarded with questions considering there reputation for being the healthy fast food place. I know I want to ask you stuff but I wont.
  • emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    If your looking to loose weight try pizza homemade on a pita bread, with classico spaghetti sauce, zucchini, chicken, green pepper, onion, canadian bacon, part-skim or fat free mozzerella cheese, mushrooms and the list goes on. Your really going to have to make changes in your eating habits and this is a healthier way of life. There is so many recipes to choose from. So time to get busy with the war on fat.
  • emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    If your looking to loose weight try pizza homemade on a pita bread, with classico spaghetti sauce, zucchini, chicken, green pepper, onion, canadian bacon, part-skim or fat free mozzerella cheese, mushrooms and the list goes on. Your really going to have to make changes in your eating habits and this is a healthier way of life. There is so many recipes to choose from. So time to get busy with the war on fat.
  • Hi! I'm Alicia and have been battling weight issues for the past three years. Firstly, you need to figure out if 70 lbs is a healthy amount for you to lose and what exactly you're wanting to lose the weight for. Eg. To become more healthy, Increase your Self-esteem, or even run a half-marathon or fit into a new bikini... Having a goal and a reason will help you find success and motivation...AND if you're not wanting to lose weight for YOU then you probably won't stick to a healthy diet and exercise plan either.

It all starts from within lady! You can do it. My best health advice is find an activity that you and your man can do together. Couples exercise is not only fun but you'll have someone to complain about sore muscles with and someone to push you to go even if you don't feel like it. Also, eat green! Cooking meals at home and sticking to fresh, clean, and green foods is essential to a healthy diet. Think vegetables, lean meats/protein, whole grains, and healthy fats (avocados, olive oil, almonds, and low-fat cheese). Bake and Broil - DONT FRY!

Good luck and I look forward to hearing about your progress. :)
  • Mirandam1076-
    I dont mind at all any questions about Subway! They are a very misleading company when it comes to eating healthy! So feel free. Ive worked there fr 6 years, so I bet I know the answer...(=

emilyfh-
    Changing my eating habits is going to be tough. I pick up food and start to eat without even thinking! Thanks for the idea though...my boyfriend loves pizza.

aglaicar-
    70 pounds lost would put me at 160. When I was at 180 I was very happy with my body, so I suppose its more realistic to say I'd like to lose 50 pounds. Ive always liked being curvy and thick, but its getting a little out of control now. Thanks for the advice!

Thanks to everyone for responding, I think this site is going to help a lot, it's nice to talk to other people about all of this!!
This discussion has been closed.