I told on ALL of you!!!

Options
Today I had a check-up with my doctor. I had nothing but GOOD news.......18 lbs lost since September, blood pressure under great control, and cholesterol down THIRTY points! PLUS I've stopped taking the antidepressant I was on for 3 years. My doctor asked me how I did it, and I told her about MFP, the daily logging, tracking exercise, and the message boards.

high five for ME!!!!!!:drinker:

AND a huge "thank you" to everyone here :flowerforyou:

Replies

• dmflynt
    dmflynt Posts: 196
    Options
    Today I had a check-up with my doctor. I had nothing but GOOD news.......18 lbs lost since September, blood pressure under great control, and cholesterol down THIRTY points! PLUS I've stopped taking the antidepressant I was on for 3 years. My doctor asked me how I did it, and I told her about MFP, the daily logging, tracking exercise, and the message boards.

high five for ME!!!!!!:drinker:

AND a huge "thank you" to everyone here :flowerforyou:
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh. I don't know what better motivation there is than that...That is GREAT news! Congrats on all of your hard work. A pat on the back is always nice, especially from your doctor!
  • lcmartin
    lcmartin Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Congrats...that's great news!
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    That is excellent. Congrats on all the great news:happy:
  • sophialittle
    sophialittle Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    congrats! i tattled too, to the nurse at my doctor's office! she would like to join now! :tongue: way to go! :happy:
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    :smile: :drinker:
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Congratulations!!!! So happy for you and the good news. This site is amazing but the people who put in the hard work are even more so.
  • Cowboy
    Cowboy Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You did it! Congratulations!
    Cowboy
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Tell him we want our referral fee! I'm sick of all the doctors stiffing us for reinforcing their advice! Ingrates!

:laugh:
  • Cloe
    Cloe Posts: 435
    Options
    CONGRATS TO YOU! Job well done!:drinker:
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options
    This is extra encouraging news. I lost my insurance when I moved three years ago and tried to stay healthy so I wouldn't have to pay the premiums of private insurance. And I prayed I'd never have an accident or acute illness. My husband and children are all covered and I wouldn't have it any other way. I really thought I valued myself as an important part of the universe until I looked at that one day and said, "What makes their health more important than mine." I shopped around until I found a plan I think I can live with, and I'll even go back to work to make the measley little $250 premium payment. I've been gone for a week and when I returned, I received the card in the mail, so I'm now insured and today I'll be looking for a doctor to work with. I need some baseline testing in the area of cholesteral, etc, and I'm concerned about my excessive shedding, it's a wonder I'm not totally bald, so I'm really excited about this new adventure. I'm hoping they can offer some insight into why I do not seem to be able to lose weight.

CONGRATULATIONS AND THANKS FOR SHARING...:flowerforyou:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful!! Congratulations and keep up the good work. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I love this website!!! :happy: