Advice please!!

Options
I need some advice: I'm considering going back on the 1250 cal/day diabetic diet a dr. in Alaska put me on 8 years ago. He said I'm insulin resistant, and I have found when I cut out the sugar the fat just melts away. Now MFP suggests that a "safe" rate of loss requires about 1750 cal/day (net) and that's what I'm pretty consistently hitting. I'm just not losing as fast as I'd like to. When I did the diet 8 yrs ago, I was only on it for 2 weeks, but lost 15 pounds. I know I'm probably just being impatient, (which I'm OUTSTANDING at) so maybe I should just stick with what I'm doing and be more patient. Help!

Replies

• beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    I would follow the guidelines of the diabetic diet, but eat more than 1250 calories. This is just my opinion. However, there is no reason you can't keep your sugars low and eat more at the same time.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Definitely follow the diabetic diet since you know you're insulin-resistent. But I also think you might need more than the 1250 calories. Do you exercise? 30 minutes on a treadmill for me generally burns around 250 cals, so you could be eating 1500 cals, exercising off 250 of those, and that would get you your net 1200 cals (in broad generaliities). ...just a thought.