The Hunger Fix

Options
Anyone else out there reading the Hunger Fix by Dr. Pam Peeke? It is a book about food addiction and it is an eye opener. Talks about how when a food addict eats certain foods, the body and brain react in the same way a drug addicts reacts to drugs. I'm only about 1/3 of the way into the book but it is making a lot of sense. I'm currently doing Jillian's Body Revolution and she event tweeted about the book this week.

Replies

• sweatybettyboop
    sweatybettyboop Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I just ordered it from Amazon & am looking forward to reading it!! I saw her on Katie Couric and bells REALLY went off for me...
  • PonyTailedLoser
    PonyTailedLoser Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I think I am going to read this. Thanks for drawing my attention to it :)
  • ScrappyLiz
    ScrappyLiz Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I just found out about this book and am LOVING it!!! I've known for years that I was a food addict, but trying a million different diets never really clicked. I've finally figured out that I need to figure out my crap to have more success with losing weight. Those of you who already read this, how has it helped?
  • goldengirl111
    goldengirl111 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I dont like labels but kately I've used food when I could not pinpoint emotions.
  • minniemoo1972
    minniemoo1972 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    The thread is over 3 years old and I don't think they are even still here
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    @goldengirl111 You might want to start your own thread.
  • BigTandthesquatters
    BigTandthesquatters Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    It wasn't until I started treating myself as a food addict that I got any traction with my health. I am poor but maybe the library will have it. And i just checked they do. Thanks for the heads up on the book SDSMOM!