betime hunger

Options
What do you eat when you're very hungry at bedtime? If I've had all my meals, but am hungry, I will have a few sips of a protein shake or 5-6 almonds, or if I haven't had my dinner yet, I will eat a small meal. But I've never heard what you should have or what is best to do? Anyone have any thoughts or advice?

Replies

• ourhandsfull
    ourhandsfull Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have herbal tea. For me, I think bedtime hunger is about bad habits. If I have something that feels special, like hot tea, it satisfies my habit craving. I have to replace a bad habit with a good habit, not just try to get rid of it.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I get hungry at night. A snack is good if it's light. I like the naan crackers. 9 are only 35 calories. I put laughing cow garlic/herb cheese or garden vegetable for another 35 calories and trop 50 O>J for 50 calories.
  • hopsywopsy
    Options
    I am living by "if you are hungry, eat. When you are full, stop". I find the second harder than the first. So, if I am genuinely hungry at bedtime, I will have something to eat or drink, otherwise I find I can't get to sleep.

Having said that, I used to be bad for staying up late and then snacking because I was tired. A habit I have been trying to stop - I now complete my food diary early evening, as mentally I have then committed to no more food!