2»

Replies

• CassieLyle
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!
  • thelaurameister
    thelaurameister Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I used to have this issue too, although i'm not sure I'd call it "numb"...It was more of a pinching pain (even though my shoes didn't constrict my feet at all). So we might not be the same issue, but I've found different things that helped me so maybe they'd help with the numb problem? I went and bought a legit pair of tennis shoes. I have extremely flat feet and just a little baby arch, so the shoe sales person had me try on a pair of shoes with very high arches. It felt awkward at first, I didn't think I would ever get used to it, but my entire body feels a difference. I can jog without my knees screaming at me. I used to have issues with my hips and that issue has almost disappeared. I recommend going to a shoe store (I went to Boulder Running Company) and telling one of the sales reps your issue. 90% of the time, they will have a solution that will help. Their shoes are a bit pricey, but that's because they have a 30 day period where you can return the shoes if you don't like them, no questions asked. :)
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Make sure your running shoes have good arch support, or if not, buy some over-the-counter orthotics. I got painful plantar fascitis and heel spurs from lack of arch support whiile working out, and it all started out as numbness.