No late night snacking - 01/04/2010 to 01/11/2010

Options
13»

Replies

• lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Sorry guys. Hubby and I went to Atlantic City for a business trip and I have been away from the computer. Did exercise, but didn't stick to any no late night snacking. Had a blast, but time to get serious. Starting a new thread for the week. Hope you all are well.
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was my weak night, I missed my cut off by 1/2 hour, and too top it off, it was for a chocolate icecream with walnuts. I have to admit, my chocolate cravings get the best of me. I will have to take Bebe advice and try some chocolate milk.
  • deedeehawaii
    deedeehawaii Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I did not eat enought today, which was not intentional but it just happened that way. So now it is late by the time I am logging my calories, and I am hungry (no wonder why!), but I don't want to eat this last (nearly midnight). Today I'm 5/6. But gee I'd like a big snack right now. :(
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    Just make sure that going to bed hungry won't interrupt your sleep. One day of undereating won't hurt you, but don't deprive yourself if your body is in need :) I've had days like that as well. But usually, by midnight (if I actually make it that far in the day), I'm too exhausted to actually get anything in my mouth. Hope you get a good night's rest.
  • deedeehawaii
    Options
    Thanks. Maybe I'll make a cup of hot tea to divert my attention. So... thinking aloud here .... I wonder, which is worse for a diet: not eating enough (which could put you into starvation mode so you don't lose), or eating late (which is a habit to break for sure)?
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    I think not eating enough is worse. There's no clearcut science that says that eating late makes you gain weight. A lot of us on this thread just end up blowing our calories and our nutrition with the late night snacking. For me, I try and plan my eating out at the beginning of the day, mostly because I would be under otherwise until evening, and then would end up overeating. You have to do what your body works best for you. A lot of times, we might eat less during the day because we are so busy, but at nighttime, as things start to relax, we realize how hungry we have actually been. At least that is what happens to me. This is my 2 cents worth.
  • deedeehawaii
    Options
    So maybe I'll have a granola bar with that hot tea! :happy:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    Dee- I'm just amazed you are not falling over getting into bed now. Get some sleep :)

Don't forget to catch up with us on this week's post too. Have a great night!