NSV Morning Commute

Options
PDLUCKY
PDLUCKY Posts: 60 Member
I recently purchased a Giant Hybrid bike and after not being on a bike for 14 years I was really surprised at how I do not get tired riding like I used to. Well swimming as been paying off, I rode my bike to work today for the first time. I made the 13 mile trip in 1 hour 10 minutes which included a very steep and long hill. I feel great afterward and was planning on carpooling home with my girlfriend but have since decided to ride home as well. 14 years back when I had a bike I was heavy and riding it was fun but very tiring and my muscles would be very sore after a ride like this morning but at 180 lbs I feel great muscles aren't sore and I still have energy.

Replies

• Ezada
    Ezada Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Congratulations and Keep it up!

I just bought a bike not to long ago, it is so much fun :)
  • maro_p
    maro_p Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Great job
  • ghostpixie
    ghostpixie Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Good job! :)
  • PDLUCKY
    PDLUCKY Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • chriscm70
    chriscm70 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    That's great!
  • gerripho
    gerripho Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Heck, yes, you should ride home! You said, "I made the 13 mile trip in 1 hour 10 minutes which included a very steep and long hill." Well, you paid the dues riding in, enjoy the coast riding home!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!