NEED ADVICE ON HOW TO BEGIN

Options
I AM RECENTLY STARTING TO WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT! BUTI HAVE NO CLUE WHERE TO START OR WHAT TO DO!! I NEED ADVICE PLEASE!! I WANT TO LOSE 150LBS!! BUT I ALSO WANT TO TONE WHILE LOSING IT SO ITS NOT ALL LOOSE SKIN!! WHERE DO I START?? ANY ADVICE??

Replies

• RickBriggs
    Options
    Try Bob Harper books and videos. He's great.
  • eblas45
    Options
    I know how you feel when I started a month ago I didn't know what to do. And what has helped me is my friends, mother and doctor they keep me going since my goal is a trip to vegas in january I excerise 30mins to maybe 2 hrs on my treadmill and so far I have lost 5lbs. Have a friend help out also besides using myfitnesspal I use fitbit.

I wish you luck. :happy:
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Start by logging in everything you eat. Some of your current habits will be good .... other habits will need to be changed. Logging in current foods will give you a good picture. Don't try to change everything at once.

Swapping out less processed foods for more natural ones is a good place to start. Example: Go for whole fruits ... not fruit juices. Whole fruits have lots of fiber to keep you full longer. Swap out whole grains for processed (white) grains .... whole grains will retain more protien & fiber than processed varieties. Cut back on (less desirable) fats .... NOT cut out fats. Some types of fat are good for you (nut butters, olive oil, avacado). Healthy fats help keep you full too.

Move more ...... start some form of exercise (if you don't currently). I started with Leslie Sansone Walk at Home. Low impact, no equipment needed .... anyone can start here.

Here's a video clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjduJjO1pLg&feature=related

Good luck!