What a great site!

Options
Yep, New year Newbie also. 40+ and a little bigger than a should be (OK, quite a bit bigger). 2010 will be the year I get fit and a get down to a healthy weight. I put my meals and food in for today, and what I'm having for dinner this evening - wow it all adds up doesn't it. When you write everything down (and I mean everything, to the last coffee, sweetener etc!!) it really makes you think about just reaching out for a snack. I also didn't realise how calorific some food are - that would be why I have a BMI of over 30 then - makes sense now (ha, blinking ha). The other good bit is the minus side for exercise - unfortunately the first thing that happens when you start exercising is you get hungry (and you hurt!!). Oh well - another good thing is the water tracker, brilliant as I know I don't drink enough - this is a really good reminder. The site seems a little female focused. but that's OK, I don't mind that. All in all I think this little beauty is going to be great for motivation, tracking and getting to my target weight. Thanks myfitnesspal - already emailed my wife with this (not being rude, she wants to lost some weight also - sounds rude, but it really isn't I promise!). Anyway, hello all - and good luck with your New Year goals and objectives.

Replies

• mickey30
    Options
    you're right you don't realise how the little things add up calorie wise.It is the cups of tea with sugar the odd chocolate here and there etc.I have been on this website for 4 days now and it is really helping me to make better descisions with choosing food as i know exactly how many calories i have eaten and have left daily.Good luck with your weight loss ,i have 2 stone to lose which will make me feel more confident,i'm not fat as such just a bit overweight.
    Try walking in the snow,you use more energy.
    good luck
  • Kempy1968
    Options
    Cheers Mickey - one day at a time!