What heart rate monitor/calorie counter do you use?

Options
2»

Replies

• SnTsMum
    SnTsMum Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have a Sigma 10.11, I think it's fantastic, particularly because it wasn't too expensive and it is very easy to use. It was NZ$70, not sure if they have them in the states.
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    FT4 here too. I wear it for my workouts. For the rest of the day I have my Fitbit.

Ditto - exactly... :tongue:
  • AlissaPT
    AlissaPT Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Love my Polar FT40. In addition to having the user-changeable battery, it also does a resting heart rate test to estimate your VO2 max which makes it more accurate than models that just use your gender, height, and weight.
  • linusr
    linusr Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Garmin 405 CX. My wife gave it to me for Christmas, and I really like it. I like the web interface; I really like the maps, for example. It beeps on the mile and gives me my time for the last mile. I wasn't crazy about the chest strap, but now I only notice it much. I do have to tighten it about every two weeks, because I've been losing weight. Face is big enough to read time or HR as I run.

It's far stingier that this site on calories burned, and since I'm eating them back (or drinking them back) I'm going with MFP numbers for that.
  • Jigglebewie
    Jigglebewie Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I just got an FT40 =] LOVE IT!
  • tyrantduck
    tyrantduck Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    i use a Polar FT60 and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! it runs for about $140 and i love being able to get an accurate calorie burn count with the chest strap and transmitter.
  • PhoenixRising7
    PhoenixRising7 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I recently bought the Polar FT7 - LOVE IT!!! I got it on Amazon for about $72 with free shipping. Much cheaper than in the stores. It does everything I need, and is simply to use (if you are technologically challenged) :)

Same here. I absolutely love it! :)
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I scored on a $19 one in the clearance aisle at walmart...say what you will ..it's pretty darn close to my fit bit counting steps AND I did my heart rate via another website and it's pretty damn close to there too..and it's a watch. I LOVE it.