SBF2 Reboot Boogaloo! Jan 4

Options
Good morning!
How are my pebbles today?
V, I saw your pics on facebook. You look really good. I'd trade bodies! :wink:

I stepped on the scale again. I tend to do it more when I think I've lost weight, and I have. I'm down to 153. I have lost 4.5. I know it's really not a good way to do it since I have not been feeling well. I am also still on my cycle so it may go down more. I am finally starting to feel better, although I still get stomach cramps some times, so I am going to log my food today and try to get my calorie intake back up.

I have a lot of stuff to do today, so as long as I have the energy and I am feeling okay this is how my day will look (in no particular order)
Shred day 5
clean up the house as much as I can get done
try to finish up trip shopping (I am having trouble coordinating the accessories. Maybe it doesn't matter, but is it stupid to wear brown mittens with black boots?
put away Christmas stuff

I'm glad I will be busy. It keeps my mind off the things that seem so overwhelming to me. Hope you all are well!

Two weeks boogaloo!
MM

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Just finished my workout for the day: JM Cardio Kickbox. Pretty fun, but I'm starting to find JM's videos boring. I appreciate the old-school style, but a few more boxing moves would have balanced it out. Still, about 300 calories in 30 minutes, so I'll take it. I'm ordering boxing gloves (which are weighted a teeny bit, like 12 oz) so I'm curious to see if wearing those would up the calorie burn. Strangely, I've had the video for four months and been afraid to try it, due to an old injury that resulted from a tae-bo video about five years ago. So, that's my thing I was skerred of for the day.

Other than that, I found out I got a reprieve on my marking (I have an extra week, because my boss didn't get me a marking scheme in time). But, I'm still aiming to get some of that done today. I was up at six a.m., so I'm taking advantage of the extra three hours to get stuff done early.

Then, this afternoon, it's the movies for date day. Can't decide between Avatar and Sherlock Homes (we both declared last night that it must be a film that promotes absolutely no thought.:tongue: )

I found this pretty cool, but basic, website called "Joe's Goals" that I'm using instead of calendar star chart. I have too many things I'm trying to do every day to fit on my goal calendar now. I also like it because you can track negative goals (things you're trying to avoid) like sugar. Which reminds me I have to go practice Spanish.

Thanks, MM. . .I was comparing the two photos (in the blue shirt and the gray dress) that were taken two years and fifteen pounds apart (I'm heavier in the gray dress picture, which was this August). So, I'm using the blue shirt pic as a goal. Also, in the blue shirt I have my "please stop taking pictures of me face" on.:grumble:

Checks on the chart boogaloo.:flowerforyou:

edited to add: MM, I was just having a conversation with a friend the other day: people who live in cold climates have a collection of their warmest stuff, and none of it matches. We joked that we were going to start a facebook group called "I don't give a crap what it looks like, it's warm!". No worries. Buy the warmest stuff. No one cares how it looks, and you'll be glad it's warm.:wink:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Oh, my, it's going to be cold this week. It's not going to hit the 50s even and it will be in the teens later in the week. This is really cold for Austin. No biking for me this week!

Yesterday, I rekindled the relationship with the gym. I forgot how much I enjoy working out. I've walked at home, but never push myself all that much (scares the kitties). So today, I'm off to the gym again, then teach yoga tonight.

Made quiche and whole wheat popovers yesterday - two recipes down. Having the quiche tonight. I ended up having to make two because my pan wasn't as big as I thought, and I had extra egg mix, so I made two different kinds. If I followed the directions, I think it would count as junk food: eggs, cream, cheese, with tiny bits of vegetable. I basically upped the veggies and switched the cream to 2% milk. Some bread would be nice to go with it...

Exercise is fun, boogaloo!

Oh, I weighed in this morning - 156, dang my body likes that number - hasn't changed since October.
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Hi pebbles. Sorry I've been hiding out for a bit. The truth is I have been eating poorly (mostly too much, but also lots of desserts) and not exercising. I blame my cold (which has mostly abated) and the weather (which is freezing!), but also post-holiday exhaustion and a certain nebulous malaise I've been feeling about my goals. There are too many things that I want to do, and I can't figure out what to focus on. I don't know if I can do it all, but I'm considering:
    * Running - maybe training for a 10K or (gasp) a half-marathon?
    * Strength training - 100 push-ups, at least one pull-up, some other lower body work to stabilize my knee and unflatten my booty
    * Yoga/stretching - I keep wanting to do yoga but haven't found convenient classes, so I need to at least do some regular stretches
    * Dance - I could do this 3x/week! There's a new tribal/fusion belly dance class, plus the regular one, plus Zumba
    * Meditation - I have a bunch of thoughts about wanting to be more "present" and less "distracted". Organization in general, and less mega-multi-tasking in particular, will help, but I like the idea of starting a regular meditation practice as well. It's not easy, though.

MM, I hope you are feeling better. Mary, glad you had fun at the gym - and I think your recipe goal is very cool. V, I thought Sherlock Holmes looked like fun - we'll probably see it this weekend. And I guess Avatar is visually impressive. Let us know what you pick! :wink:

Goals for now include getting my portion control back in line and no desserts. I still have some peppermint chai at home that I need to finish, so I may have a cup or two of that this week - but low sugar otherwise.
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Another early morning for me. Apparently, 4 am is the new 8.

Decided on Avatar yesterday. Silly, but jaw-dropping special effects, which is what I paid my 15 bucks for. Also, I thought the 3D was fun, but I'm pretty sure my husband got motion sick. My over-analytical brain started to kick in but it got shut down. . ."well, you see, this is obviously an allegory questioning colonialism and the effects of capitalism on the environment. . .WHOA! purple-y dinosaur hammerhead thingees!" So, I enjoyed that. My new test of any entertainment is if it will just shut my brain down and make me go "whee!". It's pretty much the test of my workouts lately, too.

Today, the plan is still more marking (I'm convinced the pile has no bottom), Bikram at noon, and then some purging/cleaning of the house, running stuff to the dry cleaners, etc.

Also, I think I have PMS because I am now craving carbs and sweet things. I've joined the "no sweets" challenge, because I really want to defeat this sugar demon.

Marking (firm but fair!) boogaloo!:flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    4 am is too early V! CP, I tend to not get on here when I've been struggling too. It's really hard for me after the holidays. Mary, are you ready for the cold weather? I am telling myself that it's prepping me for Russia. Last night DH said we need to go out at 3am when it's 11 degrees out so we can get a taste of the temperature high in Russia. Not a bad idea to bundle up and go out to test out our new clothes. Not at 3am though!
    Today I need to finish all the things I did not get done yesterday. I still have Christmas decor out, and a mess in every room in the house, and laundry. DH took the the car today because his car has developed a radiator leak. :grumble: It's been one expense after the other over the last three months, and those aren't trip related either. It's getting kind of old.
    Oh, V, thanks for letting me know about none of the winter clothes matching. It took a lot of pressure off and I love what I got! My tan fleece mittens ROCK! And I'm sure my black boots, my blue scarf, and my blue and white coat will too! :laugh:
    Goals for today:
    play with Alex (been slacking in this area due to other things needing to be done)
    put away Christmas stuff
    clean
    day 6 of Shred (may go to level 2)
    write grocery list
    You all have a good day and stay warm!
    MM
  • yoginimary
    Options
    I get to go to yoga class tonight! So excited to take classes again (rather than teach them). This week I have: kick butt yoga today, regular teacher Wed, off Thurs, my class Fri, an inversion class Sat, and on my own practice on Sun. Excellent! From the kick butt teacher's blog, "yoga studios are sanctuaries and places of refuge" - something to remember when I feel like being lazy.

I am stressing a little about my homework assignment for yoga class in Dallas. It's two weeks from today, and I was not expecting homework! The list is on my FB. Well, I guess the class is just pass/fail, right? I just don't want to look as foolish as I feel.

Walking is on the schedule today - to balance out the hard yoga practice.

Yoga sanctuary, boogaloo!
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Hey, MM, to make you feel even better, this is the cold weather outfit I rocked to yoga today:

a blue hoodie under my ten year old black parka, a fake fur hat with ear flaps (think sort of tweed elmer fudd), purple rain galoshes (it was slushy and I haven't budgeted for snow boots yet) and red "Vancouver 2010 " winter olympics mittens my husband got for free in a leftover swag bag at a job. (I wish he'd do one of those super fancy swag bag gigs at the Toronto Film Festival this year:wink: )

Zexy!:laugh:
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    :laugh: Thanks V! I was picturing all that in my head. You must have looked pretty hot let me tell ya! :wink: a blue
    Well, for the first time in a few days I feel at peace. We went over to the family's house who are taking care of Alex while we are gone to help him understand and answer any questions they might have. We've been prepping him, telling him he's going to sleep there. When we were getting ready to leave I asked him if he was ready to go. He said, "Wanna stay here?" lol. So I think he's going to be just fine. They are probably the sweetest family on earth and I know they will take really good care of him. So now I can feel a little more excited. :smile:
    Time for bed boogaloo!
    MM
  • cp005e
    Options
    Love the outfit, V. And I agree about the cold-weather clothes. Lately I've been trying to match a little bit better (mostly because I just bought two new coats - one warm, one a little dressier - that aren't 4 sizes too big like my other ones), but before that, I was wearing a slate blue parka with black gloves, a green plaid scarf, and a light brown fuzzy wool hat when I was really cold.

I did my pushups last night, but the tribal/fusion belly dance class that I signed up for was a bust - the teacher was terrible. She didn't really "teach" at all - and how can you lead a dance class if you can't count or keep your left and right straight? :huh: Too bad I already paid for the class, but at least it's only 4 weeks. Tonight (regular belly dance class) was MUCH better, though (yay for that - I almost didn't go because yesterday was so discouraging). I can tell that my abs are going to be sore tomorrow! :bigsmile:

Back on track with my eating over the last 2 days, which is good. And I told my co-worker that I wouldn't be eating any donuts if he brings them in on Friday - partly because I am planning on a donut next Tuesday (long story). Not sure what my plan for tomorrow is - either yoga or running.

You all keep me committed, boogaloo! :flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    CP, yay for you telling your co worker no donuts! You go girl!

I'm not sure how it is happening, but I lost another pound! My goal was to lose 3-5 before our trip. I've lost 5.5! I can't really tell where it has come off though. Nothing feels looser. I expected to start gaining a little back when I started eating again after being sick last week. I have been more active though, so maybe that's it.
    I did Shred level 2 yesterday. I did not think I was going to make it through, and expected to be sore today but I'm not.
    A little bummed because I went to bed with a sore throat and it's still there this morning. I am praying and praying for healing because I can not be sick for the next three weeks! I still haven't gotten over the other stuff completely. An arctic blast is about it hit so I am blaming it on that and maybe it's not a cold. How can you not go anywhere and get a cold? :huh:
    Today is busy!
    horse therapy
    meeting with my friend?
    grocery shopping (going to be cold tomorrow and I won't have a car either after today)
    Shred 2
    hopefully not run out of steam to work on the house some more.
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not let me get sick again boogaloo!
    MM
  • yoginimary
    Options
    Congrats on the loss, MM!

CP - I bet the teacher is new and nervous. If she's doing backwards right and left (mirroring the class), let me tell ya, that's tough. I still can't do it when we are in a twist.

Teacher just called. She's sick, and she asked me to sub. Ah well, what's one more day. I really hope she's better by Saturday. If not, I'll have to do the three in a row, have a snack and do another 90 minute class (I already said I'd be there).

All I did yesterday was hard yoga, never got the walk in. Going to walk today as I got a new movie.

I have a winter coat that I bought in Chicago - it's velvet reversible down thing. I'm allergic to down, but it looks like I'll be wearing it tomorrow.

Preparing for cold, boogaloo!
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Morning, pebbs.

Don't get sick, MM.

Hey, I heard in the news that a Sea Shepherd ship got rammed by a Japanese Whaling ship, which explains where Wanderinglight is.:noway:

Today is a barter session with my trainer (boxing and kettlebells). Kettlebells are really fun, until the next morning.:tongue:

Then, it's choir at the new church and a long subway ride home (my husband has to go to work after).

Other than that (wait for it. . .) more marking. I'm trying to finish it by Saturday, so I can do comments sheets and recording by next Wednesday.

Boxing boogaloo!:flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Just checking in to say I did Shred day 7. I don't know if I should have worked out or not. I only have a sore throat, but many of my friends were saying not to do anything but rest. Sorry, but I've lost some weight. I'm not going to stop now. I figure if I really do have a cold there will be tougher days ahead that will require rest. I'm pretty sure you all work out while you are sick right? I know V does. :wink: I had to work out. When I have a sore throat I tend to eat because it makes me feel better. I am trying to be aware of that today and not overeat. Besides I just feel better when I get a work out in. :smile:
    Mary, I hope your coat doesn't make you sick! With all the yoga you do you could probably turn into a pretzel right? :wink:
    V, how do you like the new church? I sure hope WL is alright. Was she suppose to be on that ship? I forget.
    Cough drops boogaloo! :grumble:
    MM
  • yoginimary
    Options
    MM - I saw a forecast for Dallas - wind chill advisory - warning about frost bite, etc. Said, "if you must go outside, wear a hat and gloves." Too bad we don't have a hand to forehead emoticon - but it still necessary to tell Texans this. I would not be surprised if I saw someone in shorts today, there are those that don't own anything else.

I do easy exercise when I'm sorta sick (light walk), none when I'm really sick.

Today - walk this morning (inside), then either gym or yoga class this afternoon.

Yeah, gas heat, boogaloo!
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Suffering a bit from the don't wanna's today. Had a very depressing shopping trip in which nothing fit like I wanted it to. (I decided I needed at least one pair of pants that fits my bigger thighs and booty. Because, with all the yoga and squats, they're going to stay bigger, even when I lose the extra fat I've grown on top of my new muscles. Lame.) Then, at the new church. . .exceedingly unflattering pics of me at a party were posted on a bulletin board. (why must everone take a picture of me sitting down and slouching while I am chewing?). Pulled myself out of being really depressed on the way home. Won't give in to that old talk, but it was hard to be "official" with my backslide/backside. Still, this year is about facing facts without fear, so there you go. Yesterday, the thing I was most afraid of was trying on pants, so that's what I did. I had to remember way, way back to my martial arts days (1980s/early 90s) when I never wore pants, always skirts because I could never find pants that fit both my thighs and my waist. I'm curvy, and when I get muscle-y, that's only accentuated.

Today, it's Bikram at noon (that's 7 times in 9 days). I'm getting really, really excited about the new gym. The bus stop I get off at is right in front of their storefront for signing-up (as the actual gym is under construction, they have a separate store front). There's that "virtual class" spin bike right in the window. I want to ride it. So. bad.

More marking! (the light at the end of the tunnel may no longer be an oncoming train) and a closet clean-out. I've decided to put away my pants that don't currently fit, so I only have visible clothes that fit me. I have to live in my current body. Also, this gives me "shopping in the under-bed storage" to look forward to.:tongue: My goal is to be able to do that by March.

MM, I apply the "neck up/neck down" rule when I'm sick. If I feel sick, but only from the neck up, I work out (sometimes I take it easier) if I feel sick in the area below the neck (intestinally, achey, exhausted) I rest. I'm trying to really stick it through this year, within reason. I find that working out helps loosen up congestion and that sort of thing for me.

Bundle up, Texans! Yowza!

Facing fearful facts boogaloo!:flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Mary, all the schools are shut down today and DH didn't have to go into work until 10, though he went anyway because the job was close to the house. I guess some places got freezing rain last night. It wouldn't surprise me if people wore shorts out. Sometimes they don't appear very smart. :wink: And soon you find out they aren't. :laugh: Sorry, that wasn't nice.
    I am really feeling insecure about what I'm wearing to Russia. I guess I tend to see Russians as snobs because they do not wear jeans (or at least not often). They are business casual and wear pointy high heel boots even on the ice (which might grip better anyway) and most everyone I've seen in pictures has dark colored coats. I'm going to look like an American. I just don't want to get laughed at by every Russian that walks by. My coat is dark blue, light blue and white and it's really puffy and big. I think it's a ski coat. I guess what seems weird is that when it's in the low 30's here people are still dressed really lightly and don't seem to be cold at all. Thin coats, no hats, no gloves, etc. And here I am waddling like a penguin in this big down coat. But I'm warm. OK I need to get over myself. lol
    I really don't feel too horrible this morning. My throat is a little better but it's moving into my nose. Trying to stay away from Alex and DH. :grumble: I did Shred level 1 yesterday. I may do the same today if I have the energy. Or I may just clean. I'm trying so hard not to eat a lot. We are planning to get ice cream tonight. We have been planning on it for awhile. What's weird is that since I had the stomach bug I haven't really been craving sweets. It'd be nice if it stays that way. I'm rambling today. Got a lot on my mind I guess.
    I'm going to try on all my warm stuff and go outside this morning to test it out. It's suppose to get up to 32 today and be windy. Good testing weather I think.
    BRRR boogaloo!
    MM
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    p.s. New blog post boogaloo.:flowerforyou:
  • cp005e
    Options
    Wow - stay warm, everybody! I heard on the weather the other day that we may have lake effect snow for every day in the first two weeks of January (first week that has been true).

Yesterday was a huge success. I worked late and was going to just go home, but I realized that my husband was working late anyway, I felt good and had my gym clothes with me, so I went for a run on the treadmill instead. 3.5miles running, the first 2 miles at 6.5mph. I think that the first two miles tired me out - I set a "minimum" goal in my head of 3.5mi, and that's what I did because I didn't want to make myself sick (like I sometimes get after pushing myself too hard - the problem is I don't start feeling ill until an hour later so it's hard to know when to stop). And it worked - good workout, no sick. :wink: I also did a flexed arm hang and slow lowering from that position - I am hoping to work up to a pull-up in a few months. AND I did my pushups last night, and figured out a couple of dance moves that I was having trouble with on Monday! High fives! :bigsmile:

Today I am stiff (big surprise). My plan is either Zumba (if I am not too sore and get out of work in time) or yoga at home. Oh, and I know it's dehydration from running and overall lack of water due to not exercising much the past couple weeks, but... I was down 3 pounds this morning! :noway: I'll do an official weigh-in next week after I've been back to exercising and see what comes back, but - wow. I do not know when I have seen that number before - high school, maybe? - so it's still kinda cool. I really don't care about the weight at this point, but would still like to lose a little fat/gain a little muscle definition.

I didn't think WL was going back to Sea Shepherd, was she? It sounded like once was enough. I sometimes work out when I'm sick, similar to V's neck-up rule - but if I have a bad headache or feel feverish, I don't. Mary, that homework does sound a bit intimidating, but it's probably the sort of thing that they just want you to have spent a little time studying on your own so that they know everyone is on the same page.

Whoops - less frequent posting = novella when I do post.

Continued success boogaloo! :flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Well, the closet cleanout was brutal, and I lost all but one pair of pants and four skirts (I mostly wear jeans, and my two main pairs are still good). I only lost one top, and I'm pretty sure it was tight-ish when I bought it. I feel better knowing that if I reach to put it on, it will fit.

Here's another reason why the women's clothes industry sucks: I had a pair of jeans that were an 8 (they were nice jeans) that really (like won't even button) don't fit at the moment. I have a pair of pants that are a size 4 that still fit perfectly. What the what? Almost everything that I put away still went on/buttoned up, but looked tight and tacky. Anyways, I still have a core wardrobe that fits well and doesn't make me feel like a fat fatty, so that's good. The goal is to open that bag in March and have some of/ all of the stuff fit again. :grumble:
  • cp005e
    Options
    I absolutely fear and loathe trying things on and having them not fit, so I can definitely feel your pain, V. :flowerforyou: Good call to get it all out of the way, though, so you don't have to have that feeling when you aren't expecting it. And I absolutely believe that the women's clothing industry is full of you-know-what. Sizing issues aside (which are absolutely ridiculous - I have had 12s that fit the same as 16s, 8s that were baggier than 12s, and don't get me started on bra sizes!), this boggles my mind: I was trying on jeans over the weekend (after-holiday sales), and tried on two pairs that were purportedly the same in every respect (size, brand, style) except one was "boot cut" and the other "straight leg". I tried the straight leg and thought they fit pretty well. I usually prefer boot cut, so I tried those instead, expecting the same fit except for a slight leg flare - right? No - COMPLETELY different fit, huge gap at the waist, etc. Wha????

P.S. Great blogs, too - I just caught up on your last few entries. I may have some more comments later, but for now I just want to say, 'excellent posts'! :love: