Vitamins

Options
With all that is out there...not to mention Dr Oz's suggestions, what does everyone take?

NOTE: I'm NOT looking for a "miracle pill" (I'm doing great on my own), but I'm looking for an added somethin somethin to take to give me an added boost. I take an active womans multivitamin now, as well as fish oil 2 times a day. Ive been looking into the Raspberry Keytones, as well as the Safron 7 Keto. What are your thoughts? What do you feel has helped you?

Replies

• WRXymama
    WRXymama Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    NOBODY takes vitamins?
  • I hate taking pills, so I've found myself taking those multi-vitamin gummies. I also take Omega-3 and Calcium.
  • musenchild
    musenchild Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I take a multivitamin and a B-complex, as well as fiber and probiotics (helps with gas/tummy issues). I haven't noticed any effect on my weight loss, but I get sick more easily and I tend to break out more if I forget to take my vitamins for a while.
  • JMPerlin
    JMPerlin Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I take a lot of vitamins, my parents started me and I have been doing it most of my life. Being a man my needs are a bit different as well as being in my late 40's but as far as energy goes I take a B complex vitamin, Omega 3, and a kelp supplement. The kelp is a natural source of iodine which feeds the thyroid. The kelp has done a lot as far as stopping constant fatigue that I had for a long time. If it is a quick boost that you want, I drink tea during the day and a 5 hr energy before my class/practice/training. It really works well for me.
  • TexasTroy
    TexasTroy Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    there are tons of good supplemental vitamins out there. really depends on what your wanting to achieve by taking them. Some of my favorites are GNC MegaMen ( GNC MegaWoman for the ladies ) ....I love Glucosamine for joint issues , ginkgo biloba for memory and mental function... a good calcium added with vitamin D to help the absorption of the calcium, which by the way, I take at night as that is the best time to take calcium. I also take Milk Thistle to help with liver function. Those are prolly my "have to have " vitamins but like I said, it all depends on what your looking to achieve by taking them.
  • WRXymama
    WRXymama Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I take a MegaWoman Active right now, along with fish oil and feel great! I was looking into adding something else in the mix. I know I should probably start taking something for my joints, but MAN those pills are HUGE!! (at least the ones that I bought are) I wondered if anyone had taken the Raspberry Keytones that's been talked about
  • GCLyds
    GCLyds Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I take a multivitamin, fish oil, vitamin D, and turmeric. I take the turmeric because its a potent antioxidant, anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory supplement. I live in Canada and vitamin D is a must. Oh I also take glucosamine with MSM for my joints. I have some minor osteoarthritis and I dont want it to get worse.