shoes

Options
Right now, all I have are some ill-fitting rocket dog gym shoes...I have really wide, stubby feet, and I also have neuritis on the top of my foot. So I guess I'm just making a post to ask what are some good walking / jogging shoe suggestions for people with wide feet, and possibly don't have too much covering / elastic / bulk on the top part of the shoe [where the laces go] Or if that doesn't make sense, then just stick with "what brands of shoes fit well for really wide feet?"
Thanks in advance...

Replies

• Beaner63
    Beaner63 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Not sure about womens, but I know New Balance has wide width shoes in thier runners/walkers in mens sizes.
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I have similar issues with my feet. I 100% understand what you are looking for! I don't jog, but I do lots of exercising (weights/cardio machines). I have two favorites that have been great and don't flare up my top of the foot neuritis:

http://www.keenfootwear.com/us/en/product/shoes/women/trailhead/a86 tr/black!purple heart : these lace along the side of the foot rather than right across the top and are my ALL TIME faves, they never flare up my neuritis

http://www.zappos.com/inov-8-f-lite-230-all-black: these are great too, less structure than the Keen's (they are "barefoot" type shoes) but super comfy and I like them for leg day because they help strengthen my feet muscles.

Good luck!
  • zigeuner62
    Options
    I too have extra wide and stubby feet and just recently bought a pair of Leming Shoes. They are the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned. Great for walking, jogging and sports. Super lightweight. Google Leming Footwear and check them out.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I wear women's New Balance because of the wide widths available. Until I discovered New Balance I would wear men's shoes because they were wider and tended to last longer - go figure! With your wide feet, don't be afraid to try some men's shoes but be careful that the arch support is in the right place for you.
  • _Mimi_
    _Mimi_ Posts: 233
    Options
    I agree with New Balance for wide.

My favorite walking shoe is Gravity Defy. I'm on my second pair. They are also great for wide feet. Shock Absorbers in the heels. I just bought my husband a pair for work. He is on his feet all day. At first I got "the look" because he thought it was just another gimmick. He LOVES them and is telling all the guys they need to get some. :bigsmile:
  • Jackie_Paper
    Jackie_Paper Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the links! I like the sound of the side-lacing shoes. Also...what else do you do to help your neuritis to calm down?
  • Jackie_Paper
    Options
    Awesome thanks!
  • Jackie_Paper
    Options
    oops I thought I was replying individually, but I guess not, so I will say thanks to everyone for the suggestions! They all sound good.
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the links! I like the sound of the side-lacing shoes. Also...what else do you do to help your neuritis to calm down?

Sadly, not much. If I even wear a sandal with a loose strap over the top of my foot it flares up! I just try not to buy shoes that have a strap or anything that cuts across that part of my foot. I manage fairly well that way. Closed shoes are almost always a problem. I live in Houston, though, so I can usually get away more open shoes. They side lace on the Keen really seems to help, but I do sometimes have to loosen them as well. A constant battle I am afraid; sorry to hear you are fighting it too!
  • Jackie_Paper
    Options
    Curses to that. Well I am in FL so I at least can wear open top flats / sandals at my whim too. But still! I now have many cute shoes that don't work so well for me :/