Crunches on a body ball

Ok, I know that its not really considered cardiovascular work out. But do you burn a good amount of calories doing crunches on a body ball? I would like to know, because I don't have access to an elliptical or treadmill tonight and I would like to burn a little bit of calories.

:heart: Danielle

Replies

• healthychic
    healthychic Posts: 298
    Ok, I know that its not really considered cardiovascular work out. But do you burn a good amount of calories doing crunches on a body ball? I would like to know, because I don't have access to an elliptical or treadmill tonight and I would like to burn a little bit of calories.

:heart: Danielle
  • I don't know if you will burn many calories just doing crunches on a body ball, however, if you sit on it and bounce up and down, you will burn calories. It's recommended with the packet that came with my ball. HTH!:smile:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    any kind of resistance training is a good workout.
    It's kind of right in the middle between full weight training and cardio.

If you do a full core workout, including the exercise ball and say 45 minutes
    of core work, you could burn anywhere from 200 to 500 cals AND really
    get that mid-section in shape. Core work is hard at first, and core muscles
    generally take a long time to define and are usually very weak on people who don't work them regularly, but once they do...man there is nothing
    nicer to look at than someone with a nice, fit, (slightly) ripped abdomin. I mean
    that from a purely physical point of view, I don't mean sexually.