How long are you at the gym?

Replies

• HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    When I used to go to the gym I'd always work out for one hour.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    When I'm at the gym for strength training, I'm usually there anywhere from 30-60 minutes (depending on how long I have to wait to use equipment).

When I take a spin class, it's about 45 minutes long. And when I'm running (outdoors), I'm usually out for 25-45 minutes, depending on how long a run I do.

I would suggest trying a whole bunch of classes and activities to find something you really enjoy doing! If you love it, that 30-60 minutes is going to fly by!!
  • LindseySprake
    LindseySprake Posts: 333 Member
    I only do classes :-)

I do:
    2, 1 hour classes, 6 days a week.

So in total 12 hours a week...
    I do a mixture of classes tho: cardio (Step, Spinning, Combat) weight training (Pump) and flexability (Pilates/Yoga)
    I think its good to change it up, keep your body guessing.
    Plus the 10min walk there and 10min walk back lol
  • pamsad
    pamsad Posts: 14 Member
    I love taking a Step class, which is one hour and afterwards I have so much energy I hop onto the treadmill for another 20 mins.

But if I go by myself without a class, sometimes it is hard to stick with it - I do the treadmill, but then I am bored after 5 mins, then I do the elliptical to get my heart up - another 5-10 mins, then I alternate strength training and aerobic activity and that really works to keep me there - if I do some machines and free weights - then i hop back onto the elliptical and you would not believe it, but my heart rate is up there already - like 140-150 so it is easier to do the elliptical. I do find I stay longer if I have a friend, but I have no friends that want to work out, so sad...
    :sad:
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    It varies. I can be there anywhere from thirty minutes to three hours

I freaking love the gym.
  • Varies by day and muscle target. Typically about 2 hours.
  • MonkeyBars
    MonkeyBars Posts: 266 Member
    mon - 3 sessions of training (home circuits,run,kickboxing)
    tue - 2 sessions (home circuits,sprints)
    wed - 2 sessions (grappling,long run)
    thu - 2 sessions (home circuits,sprints)
    fri - 2 sessions (home circuits,run)
    sat - 1 or 2 sessions (home circuits,knifework)
    sun - 1 session (home circuits or long run)

home circuits are about 55mins
    sprint training is about 20-30mins
    runs are from 20-90mins
    martial arts are normally 60mins

I take a break normally every 7-10 days where I do nothing ;)

Find your mojo by getting some experience or get yourself a PT (personal trainer) who will help you formulate your sessions.
  • JenaePavlak
    JenaePavlak Posts: 350 Member
    Strength training 30-60min 4-5x/week
    Running 20-25min 3-4x/week
  • kit8806
    kit8806 Posts: 222 Member
    I usually spend 30 minutes on the elliptical, 15 - 30 minutes on the stepper then about an hour on strength training.. I go when I really don't have to rush to leave, so I don't always watch how long I'm there, but usually I am there a good 2 hours.
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 575 Member
    Between an hour to an hour and a half.
  • overit75
    overit75 Posts: 150 Member
    I am there no less than an hour but no more than 90 minutes. It all depends on what I am doing that day.
  • 3 days a week I have a joint mobility and flexibility class for an hour, preceded by 30 min of light stationary bike warmup, and followed by 90-100 minutes of strength training. 3 days week I go hiking or walking for usually 120-180 minutes and 1 day aweek the walk is preceded by a 70 minute Tai Chi/ Yoga for arthritis class. So basically three hours a day.
  • tom_olech
    tom_olech Posts: 139 Member
    Usually 30-45 mins for cardio, 60-75 mins for strength training.

Same here!
  • morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    1-2 hours
  • tadpole242
    tadpole242 Posts: 507 Member
    10 minutes warm up 45 minutes strength building and weights 45 minutes cardio 10 minutes cool down.
  • rjcelmer
    rjcelmer Posts: 431 Member
    An hour at the most. 15m in cardio to warm up and get the heart rate going and about 45 mins of strength training.
  • 60 to 90 min..stagger it.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Never, I hate being indoors. But I never do strength training, so that's probably bad.
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    When I lift I'll spend an hour. Cardio, just depends on what I'm doing - bike rides - 1 hour+, Runs usually 25 minutes, etc.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Depends on what I am doing.
    Swimming plus weights days 2 to 2.5 hours.
    Weights only days, 1 hour.