Give me your best weight loss tips please :)

Options
13»

Replies

• SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,949 Member
    Options
    Strength train 2-3x per week. Either to a DVD or at a gym. Use heavy weights. If you can do more than 12 reps, you need to go heavier. Build muscle!

Drink a Protein shake after your workout, or even as an evening snack.

Stop eating 3hrs before bedtime!
  • coffeebrown5
    coffeebrown5 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Water, water,water and exercise even when you don't feel like it still go for 30 minutes.
  • 1sisrat
    1sisrat Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Drink WATER
    Drink green tea
    I stop eating at 8 pm ( go to bed at 10ish) so as not to feel bloated.
    I try to eat green things at least twice a day (even if it mean a salad with dinner and a green smoothie after a workout).
  • Sarge516
    Sarge516 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    1. Watch your carbs, lower = generally better for weight loss.
    2. Log everything.
    3. Watch your sugar intake. Refined/added sugar = bad. Natural sugars (such as those in fruit) = OK.
    4. Eat lots of protein. Protein takes energy to digest, and digests slower than carbs. If you need a snack, make it protein.
    5. Eat lots of vegetables.
    6. Exercise, exercise, exercise. "Dieting" (watching what you eat) will only get you so far, so fast. Adding in exercise increases your success big time. Dieting will work (you will drop weight) if you've got a long way to go weight wise (start off heavy), but it won't get most people to where they want to be by itself. You MUST exercise in one form or another.
    7. To be really successful, you can't think of this as a "diet". It's got to be a lifestyle change.
    8. Don't drink your calories. Drink water, and lots of it.
  • Sarge516
    Sarge516 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Strength train 2-3x per week. Either to a DVD or at a gym. Use heavy weights. If you can do more than 12 reps, you need to go heavier. Build muscle!

Drink a Protein shake after your workout, or even as an evening snack.

Stop eating 3hrs before bedtime!
    This too ^^ :)
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,702 Member
    Options
    I even log the bites of brownie or fries stolen off my husband's plate. That's why my diary is littered with "1/8 of a serving" entries.

When I'm having trouble facing the deprivation, I do an hour on an elliptic trainer which earns 500-600 Calories to eat. This way, I can incorporate restaurant meals and dinner parties. I even lost a kilo while on vacation and eating in restaurants every day, by doing an hour on the elliptical at the hotel gym every morning. To combat boredom I watch a TV app on the smartphone, if the exercise machine doesn't have a TV incorporated.
  • LindseySprake
    LindseySprake Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    The 3 P's:

Planning - Plan your meals ahead of time and plan when your going to exercise.

Patience - This is a lifestyle change, it won't happen over night, we all have up and downs, just stick with it.

Positivity - You need to be in the right mind set and be ready to start your journey. Be positive about your new heathier choises and remember they can only be good for you, so enjoy them!

:flowerforyou:
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Eat less - specifically, a 20% deficit from my TDEE.

Move more - specifically, workouts 4-5 times a week (3 days strength training, 2-3 days cardio - some days are combined strength and cardio)

Eat what I want as long as it fits into my calorie goal. I try to give my body the nutrition that it needs, but I'm not going to avoid any foods or deny myself foods that I want/crave.

Don't take weight loss or dieting too seriously. It's not the end of the world if you have a bad day, don't lose for a week, miss a few workouts. You're just trying to improve yourself. So keep moving forward and you'll get to your goal.